At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
As our Production & Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for managing our production process from beginning to end. You will ensure sourcing requirements meet targets for quality, compliance, and ethical sourcing. You will also ensure all products meet our Global Fashion Group quality, specification requirements, sustainability standards, financial and DIFOT targets.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Private Label suppliers and factories across all categories
- Establish and manage factory capabilities and capacities database and maintain oversight of orders to ensure volume and style control
- Work collaboratively with the Buying and Planning departments providing advice, guidance and resolution on supplier lead times, capabilities and capacities.
- Maintain oversight of Critical Path for consistency with factory capacity
- Assist with the maintenance and implementation of the Supplier Production Manual with all suppliers ensuring compliance of all requirements and regulations.
- Source new suppliers based on buying, product and sustainability needs/targets & managing new supplier onboarding in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Buying team and the sourcing office (in China) to select appropriate fabrications, in line with costs based on buyer’s brief and our preferred materials guidelines & targets.
- Identify opportunities for bulk fabric purchases across THE ICONIC product categories and GFG businesses to achieve both cost efficiencies and Preferred Material targets. With the goal to build a fabric library (bulk fabric in China).
- Work with Sustainability on communicating ethical sourcing and sustainability expectations including factory audits, sustainable packaging and preferred material requirements including certifications and chemical/fibre testing
- Work closely with the Vendor Management Team on freight management from supplier hand over to warehouse delivery to resolve any potential issues and ensure on time delivery.
- Cross functional liaison to formulate company strategies and objectives and understand requirements & cost implications of new projects or processes (e.g. sustainable packaging, preferred materials targets).
Maintenance of production schedule
- Implementing and managing quality control standards, proactively handle and resolve quality issues.
- Evaluate fabric test reports, issue resolution and approval.
- Ensure all documentation is received in time to ensure any additional processes can be actioned as per agreed timelines.
What we're looking for...
- Product knowledge, offshore garment construction knowledge and supply chain management.
- Technical experience in apparel (garment construction, fitting etc)
- Proven experience in a similar role/industry
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards and regulations including product safety, fabric performance, labelling and chemical compliance.
- Experience in compliance testing requirements within a global business.
- Strong background in high volume SKU count.
- Results-oriented and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good service ethic, a strong customer focus along with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with key stakeholders such as Buying, Planning, Vendor Management, Warehouse, Sustainability and Ethical Sourcing.
- Effective written and oral skills (a Cantonese or Mandarin speaker would be a massive bonus)!
- International travel to Suppliers and factories.
- Experience with PLM systems.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hyrbid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.