Baraja is changing the world of self-driving cars through the invention of a new type of LiDAR called Spectrum-Scan™ that delivers ultra-high performance at high resolution, even at incredibly far distances. Today, Baraja LiDAR is already deployed in multiple verticals, working with global automotive and industrial partners.
Originally founded in Sydney, Australia, we also have offices in San Francisco, China and Europe. We are funded by Sequoia, Blackbird and Main Sequence Ventures and we are excited to continue growing the team, so if you are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic role in a start-up we are keen to hear from you!
Baraja are looking for a Commodity Manager to develop and drive the commodity strategy across the organisation on key objectives including cost roadmap and reduction strategy, contract negotiation/implementation, business continuity plans and supplier development to support capacity and scalability needs.
Inside the Job:
- Developing and implementing supplier business strategies, capabilities, and sourcing development.
- Lead all commercial aspects of the partnership between Baraja and the Supplier – business OKRs, cost objectives, performance, and SLAs.
- Build infrastructure to support key automotive requirements – Safe Launch Plan, P4EP, Scorecards, Audits, BCP, Sustaining Financial Health, Quality, Material Management, Capacity, etc.
- Provide expertise in mechanical and/or optical commodities.
- Demonstrated experience in supplier development and global sourcing.
- Proven leadership experience with commercial partnerships – SLAs, MSAs, OKRs, performance management.
- Able to align and influence engineering on roadmap and strategy.
- 10-15 years of experience in industry with good business acumen and interpersonal skills to work in Cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Exceptional verbal/ presentation skills.
- Full Australian Working Rights.
- Experience with PPAP (Production Part Approval Process).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with automotive or high-tech experience.
- High volume manufacturing experience.
- Excellent problem-solving methods.
- Skilled in MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word.
Be part of a high-performance team.
We work toward our goals by being in constant communication in person and through a range of technologies. We also have big ears for feedback from customers to help us continually improve the Baraja experience. We are pretty good at what we do (but definitely not perfect), so you’ll be learning from and working with a top-flight team on a mission to be better every day.
What matters to us.
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets and we’ve wrapped it up with three key values that we do our best to live up to every day:
- Hustle to deliver on hard and meaningful problems - Passion to achieve. Resilience & learning. What's the next challenge?
- Build the machine that builds the machine - It’s not enough to design amazing products, we need to design the means to manufacture these products, at scale.
- Develop sustained high performance - Great teams make great things. They also respectfully challenge each other to reach the next milestone.
What we can offer you.
- Healthy lunch provided onsite.
- Wellness Budget.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Internal progression opportunities.
- ESOP offering & remuneration package.
- Monthly social events.
- Volunteer day.
- Team lunches.
- Social sporting teams i.e. hiking, soccer, frisbee and table tennis.
What are you waiting for? If this role excites you, we’re keen to have a chat!