A brilliant data engineering opportunity ~ not your typical, nor your status quo….
Come and link arms with our wonderful data team made up of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Analytics Engineer and Product Manager. This team has a whole lotta spunk, heart, spark and diversity and we LOVE partnering with them….and I think you will too.
So thinking of something new and want to play a part in building out the data engineering and analytics capability of a scaling tech leader? You’ll join our engineering team who uses modern tech, powering an array of microservices across the AWS ecosystem and the latest data tools such as Airbyte, dbt, Looker, Snowflake, Segment and Mode ~ all the tools for you to do your thang!
Let’s take a look at 99designs by Vista
99designs by Vista is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Since 2008, our freelance community has brought more than one million creative projects to life for thousands of genius entrepreneurs, savvy small business owners, and brands with big ideas. As part of the Vista family, which includes VistaPrint and VistaCreate, 99designs helps small businesses thrive with expert design at their fingertips.
So what’s this role all about I hear you ask?
It’s absolutely about having conversations with product delivery teams to understand their and the end-users’ needs, and supporting their efforts with your data modeling expertise. It’s being curious, unafraid to dive head first into different product domains and partner with product teams and data analysts to build data models that can be easily used, and having the ability to translate application logic into business logic.
It's also about helping to build out data products and features from scratch. Think enhancing their data modeling, scaling out analytics platforms, and contributing to ML infrastructure that powers personalisation, fraud detection, and an array of recommendation engines.
A little bit about you
Working for a scaling technology business is something you understand and love, and you know what it means to be part of an agile product team, with some experience building data products from the ground up.
You are comfortable defining what great looks like in an organisation, and can contribute to a data best practice environment.
More importantly, you are a brilliant communicator and love solving problems that add real value. 99d is a collaborative and innovative group, so having a positive and curious mindset, and taking initiative and ownership - well it just comes second nature to you!
You have solid commercial experience in data engineering and ideally have Kimball modeling experience. You can build data pipelines that are reliable, efficient, and scalable, with extensive programming skills primarily in Python or Go as well as experience with DevOps tools in particular Docker, Git, and AWS. Kimball modeling experience would be fabulous.
The techy bits
99designs mainly uses modern tech: Golang, Python, Typescript/GraphQL/React across a range of AWS services. On the data side, there’s dbt, Looker, Segment, Mode, and Snowflake.
Why 99designs by Vista?
As 99designs continues to scale as part of the Vista family, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to continue to foster a collaborative environment with a keen focus on innovation, growth and ownership. Below are just some of the things we do to support our people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you! Think paid R&D days, courses, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best 99d has got you covered.
- Culture of workplace flexibility and wellness. Study? Parent juggling? Everyone has different needs and the business will support you in the best way we can. Some people work remotely, some with flex start and finish times...the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs. With annual wellness bonuses of $605 + annually refreshing your WFH space with $300, you'll be supported to do your thang.
- Support for working parents. 18 weeks paid parental leave policy for all parents (they don't distinguish between a primary and secondary carer), which can be accessed part time or any way you want it over the first 18 months, which you can access from day 1 of joining them. They also pay superannuation for paid and unpaid parental leave for 18months!
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99designs provide one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit!
- 99d are also a Proud Code Like a Girl Gold Partner, host of Girl Geek Academy hack days, & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in our DNA.
So have we piqued your interest? Apply, say hi! We’d love to chat.