Working with the CTO, you will have full accountability leading and developing a team of Trade Legends in Sydney and London, to build the world's best commercial lending event based, distributed SaaS platform. This exciting role will see you accountable for the entire engineering capability and the quality of the product it produces.
You are the custodian of the Trade Ledger promise to its investors and customers to deliver a progressive technology product, conforming to Trade Ledgers architectural and governance principles from top to bottom. The Trade Ledger platform must not only meet our customers functional needs but it must also be highly secure, performant and resilient. For our teams, it needs to be easily improved, easy to maintain, fault tolerant, effortless to integrate, efficient to operate and be built with readily available skills and resources.
You must be an inspirational full-stack technical leader that can get down and dirty in the code when required but also an astute business leader capable of painting a hard-working, highly credible and understandable (to the not so technical) vision of Trade Ledger Engineering.
- Building and leading a team of passionate engineering professionals.
- Creating a high quality service and delivery culture.
- Be an entrepreneurial but practical leader who listens to their team and its stakeholders, coaches and partners, and knows when decisions need to be made.
- Care for and nurture your team of Trade Legends to craft a precision engineering culture.
- Ensure that there is an effective strategy of continuous improvement.
- Ensure your team delivers on time, to quality and within budget.
- Skilled at capacity planning and comfortable with regular reporting to the Executive and Board.
- A genuine and skilled product engineering professional with people first, people leadership experience.
- Real commercial instincts and a passion for customers.
- Highly technical with analytical skills to seek to understand.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be curious, ask questions and don't be afraid to be wrong.
- Knowledge of commercial lending would be a distinct advantage.
- Have a start-up mentality, work hard and have a want to have fun while you do it.
- Have an appetite to learn, we encourage continuous team and individual development.
- You don’t seek power and influence, you know recognition will come with success.
- Passionate about surrounding yourself with the forward-thinking, inquisitive people.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty and can forge a path when others might get lost. You will be a recognised product engineering leader, with a track record to prove it.
- Be experienced in working in SaaS product environments and leading large engineering teams.
- You will likely have a strong financial services background.