Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
As a DevOps Engineer with Tyro Payments, you will be working within our Compute and Observability platform team to further drive the DevOps culture and capability within the organisation. We work in a hybrid environment across both our internal data centres and AWS. Our focus is on building tools that enable internal engineering teams to be self-sufficient in making changes to their environment and have the visibility to verify those changes worked. We are looking for people who are curious, are able and willing to work with diverse technologies and are willing to dive into a problem to come up with a good solution for it. Any level of experience is welcome to apply.
What you'll do:
• Deliver solutions that will enable the delivery teams to run and operate their own workloads
•. Advocate for automation across all solutions and make solutions repeatable and maintainable
• Work effectively with the delivery teams to help them onboard onto the platform and educate them into how to get the most out of the available solutions.
Key skills required:
• Automation first mentality - we want to build solutions that enable our engineering teams to deliver without needing any assistance
• Linux skills and comfort working on the command line - our environments are Linux only and a large amount of our work is done via the command line
• Focus on testing and maintainability - Solutions that we build need to be ready for use and supportable for the long term
• Curious to learn, wants to get involved in anything and everything and wants to tackle the problem, not a particular technology
• Software development or testing background - we are applying delivery mentality to operational work and coming from a software development or testing background brings skills that we need - language doesn’t matter
• Observability experience - have you setup systems to help with observability of systems or spent time thinking/delivering solutions to ensure that you understand the systems you are running?
• Docker and cloud experience (AWS) - this is where we are going so the more you already know, the more you can contribute
• Willingness to share ideas - we like discussing solutions and we like people who are willing to share their thoughts - conversations and sharing help drive better solutions
Technologies we use:
Here is a non-exhaustive list of the technologies we work with everyday. There is no expectation that you are familiar with these but we want to provide an overview of what you can expect:
Docker,Terraform, Puppet, Prometheus, AWS, Linux, GoLang, Python, Ruby, Goss, Beaker
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.