We are the fastest-growing car-sharing network in Australia, 5th largest globally (and the best), on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we’ve grown our community to more than 4,000 owners who share their cars with over 150,000 members. 75% of bookings taken are repeat bookings by individual members.
- 2014- Green Lifestyle Awards, winner - transport company
- 2017 - Westpac Businesses of Tomorrow, top 200 winner
- 2018 - SmartCompany Smart 50, 5th place
- 2018 - Service Innovation Awards, Finalist
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast50Overview
About the role
We look to attract experienced and self-motivated senior level Ruby on Rails engineers to join our highly experienced development team as we scale up. You will help drive the technology direction of the company, supported by our well-rounded team as we embark on a fast-paced programme of development to help the business expand throughout Australia and beyond.
We have a team of remote developers spread across South East Asia (with a minimum 4 hours cross over to the Sydney office hours 8am - 6pm), we only accept candidates who sit within these timezones.
As a core part of the team, you'll be:
- Contributing to the development of Car Next Door's core car-sharing platform through
- building new functionality;
- integrating with internal and external systems;
- working with mapping systems and vehicle telematics; and
- automating core processes.
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices
- Rapidly iterating as we push ahead with new development while maintaining and improving the current systems
Typical Minimum Experience & Skills of Recent Hires
- Minimum 6+ years' recent commercial software development experience with Ruby on Rails
- A focus on detail including around automated tests and documenting your code
- Experience debugging and optimising web applications for speed and scale
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a small team of dedicated and talented people
- An understanding of what we're doing (and why) and a passion to get involved
- Good English verbal and written skills
- Computer Science Degree
- A special area of focus, eg., data visualisation, performance tuning, cloud DevOps, or automated testing.
Our current tech stack
Experience with these technologies or interest in building expertise will be useful:
- Web: Rails 6, StimulusJS, Tailwind CSS
- Hybrid Apps: Angular 8/Ionic 4
- DB: PostgreSQL
- Cloud Hosting: AWS
- CI: Buildkite
- Productivity Tools: Asana, GitHub, Slack, Zoom
- Key Platforms: Looker (Analytics), Segment (CDP), Braze (CRM), Zendesk (Customer Service)