Head of Growth & Partnerships
Australian agriculture is entering a new growth phase, forecast to become a $100 billion industry by 2030. SproutX is at the centre of that opportunity.
SproutX is a $10 million venture capital fund and national accelerator program for agriculture and food technology startups. Through our six-month program, we provide commercialisation training, investment capital, mentoring and access to turn key partnerships. Our portfolio of over 30 alumni are diverse: ranging from startups in IoT, vertical farms, blockchain applications and alternative protein.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Board, the Head of Growth and Partnerships will be focused on activating sponsorship and strategic partnerships, ensuring SproutX's longevity in the startup ecosystem. You will bring to the role a strong background in entrepreneurship, startup or investment capital to mentor existing portfolio companies. You will leverage new pipelines and industry connections to draw startups into the deal flow pipeline of the Accelerator and support the delivery of program content. Overarching these roles, you are considered an energetic “opportunity broker” for our family of startups, our mentors and partners.
What you will get out of working with SproutX:
- A high level of autonomy, flexibility and impact in a lean team.
- Daily engagement with ambitious founders building the future of agriculture and the food system.
- Opportunity to work in the beautiful Victorian Innovation Hub with Stone and Chalk, a startup-members-only coworking space.
- Encouragement to build your personal brand through SproutX.
- Huge exposure to Australia-wide network of agtech and investment professionals.
- Enjoy community engagement activities within the S&C community, including Tuesday breakfast, Friday drinks, Brown bag lunches with founder’s in finance, tech and other industries.
- Identify, support and coach the Accelerator cohort of 10 agtech startups per annum to achieve improved commercial outcomes in conjunction with the Head of Operations.
- Mentor portfolio companies in high level business principles including but not limited to business growth, pitch, sales, decks, investor fundraising etc.
- Leverage existing industry connections in startup, innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem to identify Accelerator applicants and prospective workshop guests
- Lead strategic and financial partnerships with aligned government, research, private agri/tech companies, innovation networks
- Pursue relevant business development activities to secure operational sustainability, from private companies to public grants.
- Optimise and grow SproutX extensive network of industry contacts to benefit SproutX startups (venture capitalists, angel investors, agri corporates, B2B customers etc.)
- Support the management of the operational budget for SproutX yearly activities
- Act as spokesperson for the SproutX program and agtech startup ecosystem in Australia
- Work in a cohesive, agile and responsive environment with a lean team of support staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as an entrepreneur or in leading innovation/startup programs
- Ability to leverage existing professional network in the startup/entrepreneurial community to support program delivery
- Exemplary ability to maintain and foster new relationships with strategic partners; including agricultural entities, government agencies, innovation hubs and investors
- It is highly desired that the candidate have a degree of reputation in either the startup or venture capital community
- Background in one of the following: innovation sector, startup or entrepreneurship.
- Passion for supporting startups solving the world’s greatest challenges in food and agriculture.
- Well presented and well spoken.
- Lived understanding on the entrepreneurial journey.
- Experience creating and deploying marketing through tools such as Mailchimp, Squarespace, Eventbrite and managing social channels.
If you are interested in joining SproutX, please apply with your cover letter and resume.
Find out more
www.sproutx.com.au / www.findex.com.au
Applications are invited from Australian Citizens and Australian Permanent Residents only.
Our aim is to update you on the progress of your application within 30 days of you applying. Thank you for your interest in SproutX.