At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
Reporting into the VP of Marketing, as Head of Growth, you will own Spaceship’s growth strategy aimed at winning new customers, and deepening the relationship with existing customers. This means building out Spaceship’s digital marketing capabilities to increase product demand, accelerate new customer growth, and increase the uptake of additional products by existing customers.
To do this, you will own the full marketing funnel, assuming responsibility for improving engagement and conversion metrics in areas such as awareness, acquisition, activation, retention, revenue and referral. This will involve partnering with Product and Decision Science to understand and oversee the entire customer journey from a process, flow and data perspective - ensuring we truly understand customer behaviour and can leverage actionable insights to drive a personalised and contextual experience for each customer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owning the development and execution of Spaceship’s growth marketing plans by translating business goals into results-oriented growth initiatives.
- Developing and executing customer acquisition strategies using a variety of paid channels including paid social, SEM, referral, affiliates and other growth channels.
- Understanding Spaceship’s target audience and personas, developing data-driven hypotheses, designing experiments, developing campaign strategies, and driving execution of campaigns.
- Utilising data and experimentation to understand benchmarks, and measure the impact of your deliverables in partnership with our Decision Science team.
- Collaborating closely with the Content and Creative team to bring to life innovative and targeted advertising campaigns aligned with Spaceship’s positioning and messaging.
- Mapping out user journeys to identify opportunities for growth, conversion, and optimisation.
- Working cross-functionally within Marketing and with Product, Decision Science, and Risk and Compliance to ensure all user journeys (from landing pages through to app real estate, across the full funnel) are mapped, tracked, personalised, and optimised.
- Working cross-functionally with Product to build product features, improve processes, and drive engagement, loyalty and growth through a multi-channel messaging journey - ensuring key interactions in the lifecycle trigger actions that increase funding, product penetration and utilisation.
- Implementing product and feature marketing strategies, including collaborating on go-to-market frameworks.
- Developing reporting on key metrics (in collaboration with Decision Science) to forecast, measure, analyse, and report on the impact of growth strategies.
- Owning and managing the relationships with agency partners and channel partners.
- Overseeing all media planning and buying activities, including identifying and managing the optimal allocation of budget and resources, and building ad-tech automation.
- Undertaking market research and competitive analysis for Spaceship, and monitor KPI and trends in communities to inform overall marketing and product strategy.
- Leveraging Spaceship’s MarTech stack (eg. Segment, Braze, Branch) to maximise value from current and prospective customers.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who will be obsessed in understanding customer behaviour and deepening the relationship through a focus on data, experimentation and personalisation. You will be a self-starter and a creative thinker - someone who can come up with ideas both independently, and through collaboration with others.
Furthermore, we are seeking:
- 7+ years of experience in digital marketing, driving growth, acquisition, personalisation and customer loyalty.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of industry trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Proven ability implementing strategies across the full funnel of digital and growth marketing channels.
- Advanced technical skills in ad-tech/mar-tech, ad buying, automation, measurement and attribution.
- An analytical and data-orientated mind with expertise in experimentation.
- A high degree of empathy for our customers.
- A delivery, execution and growth mindset.
- A high degree of self-awareness and technical curiosity.
- Hunger to get on the tools to execute your plans with your team.
- Experience in high growth startups/companies.
- Robust leadership, communication, and an ability to influence and collaborate across teams.
- Passion for customer focused innovation when it comes to investing or finance.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $50m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.