Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Senior Analyst of Financial Performance, you’ll support the Senior Finance Business Partner (Payments) in shaping the strategic future of this part of the business, through providing financial insights, decision support and commercial analysis to the Payments Product Group.
The Payments Product Group is responsible for commercial and operational management of some of Afterpay’s largest costs and includes some of Afterpay’s largest vendor relationships by value and volume of transactions. The Payments Product Group plays a key role in Afterpay’s global expansion and new product innovation, including the recent launch and continued evolution of the Afterpay Card.
Acting as a Finance Business Partner to the Payments Product Group, you will be responsible for 4 key pillars: Performance Management, Strategic planning, budgets and forecasts, Commercial analysis and execution, and Continuous improvement
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Produce and provide financial management reports to Executive leadership and key stakeholders within the Payments Product Group
- Work with Financial Control to accurately record monthly results for processing costs and issuing costs
- Analyse results based on key business drivers and providing meaningful commentary
- Support implementation of continuous improvement initiatives related to financial processes
- Collaborate with broader Finance, Analytics, and Payments team to improve insights and ways of working
- Support the development of the annual budget and regular re-forecasts for Processing Costs and Issuing Costs
- Provide input into the development of presentations and analyses for the Annual Budget
- Develop, update and/or maintain complex financial models - having a passion for data is key!
- Input into business cases and other documentation to facilitate assessment of proposals
- Assist in reporting and execution of approved initiatives together with the Senior Finance Business Partner (Payments) and the Payments Product Group to deliver targeted outcomes
- Participate in continuous improvement initiative across Payments and Finance
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
Our ideal candidate will be an eager Finance Business Partner who is open-minded and a quick learner wanting to broaden their exposure to a fast-growing international business and technical product area (payments).
- You will have advanced financial modelling skills and love adding value by making sense of large volumes of data
- You are passionate about working closely with your stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the business you support
- You have strong self-awareness and a willingness to grow and develop personally, professionally, and as part of an evolving team of international colleagues
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply:We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.