Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Project Manager, Finance Effectiveness, you’ll lead projects to uplift our global financial systems and processes. Working closely with the Group Finance Director, the role will primarily lead the implementation of a global payroll solution, supporting our growth and operations in Australia, US, UK, Europe and Asia. It will also support the execution of various remediation activities following a comprehensive finance effectiveness review; building scalability, repeatability and rigour into our record to report, procure to pay, order to cash, treasury and tax functions.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Apply fit for purpose project management methodology to effectively shape, plan and execute projects
- Work with our Finance leadership team, SMEs, partners and other key stakeholders to shape the project and convert it into manageable blocks of work that can be planned, budgeted and executed
- Develop and lead the end to end roadmap, manage multiple project streams and track delivery to scope, timelines and budget
- Capacity plan, to ensure internal and external resource capacity are available to meet timelines
- Ensure requirements and scope are defined and controlled ongoing
- Manage stakeholders through forming effective relationships, communication plans, executive steering and working groups
- Define and manage the budget across software vendors, consultants and internal resources
- Lead a combination of external vendors, dedicated resources and matrix resources to execute
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have demonstrable experience leading financial transformations in multinational environments and managing large complex projects
- You have strong financial acumen, with working knowledge of finance systems and processes
- Your self-starter style and ability to thrive under pressure will be tested
- You have great stakeholder management skills with the ability to partner with finance operations, executives and providers
- You’re resilient and can manage multiple competing priorities and think holistically
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.