HotDoc is a Melbourne based company founded in 2012. We started out as a humble online bookings business, but have evolved into a complete patient engagement platform which helps 5m+ patients and 18,000+ health professionals communicate more effectively and build stronger relationships.
What’s in it for you
As Copywriter/Content Writer, you’ll be part of a growing Marketing team, passionate about working together to improve healthcare outcomes for all Australians.
Among many other things, we’ve recently played a huge role in helping Australians book over 2 million COVID-19 vaccine appointments.
We’re looking for a lover of words, keen to play a key role in spreading the word about how HotDoc improves the lives of both medical practices and patients.
What will you be doing?
- Leading all things “copy” at HotDoc, so that the way we sound reflects the great work we do
- Writing blog posts, case studies, feature articles, white papers, web page copy, emails and ad copy that our customers will love reading
- Working collaboratively with our in-house graphic designer as a ‘copy/design team’
- Taking our brand to the next level by creating and managing tone of voice and writing guidelines
What you must have to apply for this role
- A minimum of 3 years full time copywriting/content writing experience
- A passion for words and feel comfortable writing both creative and technical content
- Experience writing both long-form content, short-form web copy and copy for marketing collateral
- Experience working collaboratively with graphic/web designers
- A degree in Journalism, Communication or Media/ Creative Writing (preferable but not mandatory)
- A portfolio of your most recent work
You’re just the person we’re looking for if you can demonstrate
- You’re a socially conscious person who wants to be in a role that positively impacts Australian healthcare
- Are empathetic and care about doing right by others
- Take ownership of problems and their solutions
- Are prepared to speak up and question the status quo
- You’re passionate about technology, health IT and/or SaaS
What do our employees love about working for HotDoc?
- We are an employee first company - to provide the best possible patient experience, we need to look out for our employees
- You’ll have the flexibility to work from our office which is full of natural light, lush greenery and a balcony that overlooks the Yarra River and to work from the comfort of your home.
- We have drinks on our balcony every Friday night to catch up with people from across all departments.
- Our kitchen is full of fresh fruit, snacks, Kombucha & a serious coffee machine. We have free breakfast on a Monday and free lunch on Fridays.
- Your calendar is pretty full here - we have monthly events (think beer tasting, cooking & painting master classes) that you can enjoy from the office or the comfort of your own home & movie nights, book clubs, guest speakers.
- Access to fortnightly fItness subsidy, yearly mindfulness subsidy, 2x weekly in-house yoga sessions, health coaching and access to nutrition and exercise advice.
- Access to a dedicated clinical psychologist through our Employee Assistance Program.
Watch a video about what it is like to work at HotDoc here
HotDoc is a place where you can be you.
We celebrate diversity at HotDoc and completed a Census in 2020 which is our first step to transparently reporting on diversity data gathered annually from all employees.We welcome applications of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you would like to find out more about our Census results and how we celebrate diversity, please click here