About the job
Founded in 2012, Finstro has helped over 7,000 Australian businesses transform the way they trade and grow. Our simple to use, revolving lines of credit have provided over $1 Billion in finance to SMEs operating in Australia. We continue to innovate, test and expand our delivery of new solutions focused on meeting the requirements of our clients.
We are an award-winning, technology-focused provider of credit and payment solutions for Small to Medium-Sized Business clients. We are on a mission to transform the way businesses trade and grow, through innovative thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Headquartered in Sydney with offices in Manila, Vietnam and the United States.
The role is to ensure Finstro has the best software delivery from a technical capability and capacity perspective. The role manages all cloud environments (currently AWS) working closely with the delivery teams following Agile practices. The role is hands-on with a mix of architecture direction and knowledge sharing.
The ultimate responsibility for an efficient, Agile led, CI/CD environment that is continuously measured and improved, running in the most efficient and automated way, managing the complete AWS life cycle, along with security, provisioning, and automation.
As the Lead Backend Engineer you:
- Are a strong and transparent communicator who can adapt to working and coordinating teams worldwide when the start-up will grow
- Will work closely with the Business leaders and technical teams to understand their needs.
- Will help drive ideas to fruition and identify areas for improvement, focus is on the best mobile user experience to meet the needs of our customers whilst enabling use of 3rd Party tools or developing company best of breed frameworks that are sustainable.
- Will also design prototype applications, provide the unit structure, and help the application development team or clients in the plans and manage any surfaced issues to satisfactory resolution and into production.
- Will provide fair technical assessment on the 3rd party vendors technologies and assist the internal teams with requirements
- Oversee all day-to-day operations from code, build pipeline, certificate management, security and penetration testing and optimizing performances across the platform
- Responsible for the integration between back end and API and 3rd parties, Web portal, in line with vision and the company working practices
- Develop software design and requirements, and implement them adhering to all standards and ensuring code quality is in line with the relevant coding standards
- Manage the DevOps elements for the Cloud side of the system, consulting with the other product teams as required
- Assist in the planning and development of new products and processes whilst ensuring visibility with other teams and sharing the great learnings.
- Superb knowledge and in-depth understanding working of backend development and neo. js, Neo4j, .Net Core, Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- 5 years or more experience in platform architecture, websites and APIs
- Consistent and recent knowledge of API integration and industry standard authentication and security standards governing these.
- Ability to architect. Draw, document and articulate solutions to stakeholders. Architecture and design APIs, application layers, resistant layers. Keen attention to detail and a drive to deliver best-in-class applications to our end users.
- Ability to prioritize and leverage technologies and platforms to understand which components work better
- Someone who identifies the opportunity and is excited by the challenge the world of a Fintech start-up brings and some years of experience working in medium to large organisations.
· Sound knowledge in integration, infrastructure and security architecture disciplines.
Nice to have:
- Frontend development experience HTML, CSS
- React JS/ Angular JS
- Experience working in Fintech organisations, or fluid start-up culture
**The role is based in Sydney and we, unfortunately, do not have a relocation package for applicants outside the city. Candidates must be in and authorized to work in Australia**