Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Communications Manager, you’ll help the Director of PR and Director of Corporate Communication promote Afterpay’s mission, products and services. You will contribute in shaping our company’s image and values, as well as the appropriate methods to communicate them to the public.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Building and maintaining strong, positive media relationships with top tier financial, business, consumer and trade journalists across the region
- Proactively developing pitches and place stories related to the company’s position on retail trends, millennial and gen z spending power, regulatory updates, and merchant success storytelling in top tier financial and business media outlets to enhance and protect Aftepay’s reputation
- Hosting 1:1 media briefings to highlight Afterpay’s tech advancements/features and loyalty program
- Partnering closely with the investor relations and public affairs team to drive positive earned media
- Supporting Senior Executives in speaking opportunities, media interviews and other executive visibility events
- Supporting proactive relationships with industry bodies and official partners that help drive positive coverage/reputation for the company
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
You’ll have a passion for getting your hands dirty and helping shape the financial and corporate narrative of one of Australia’s most successful exports.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a Manager of Communications position previously with demonstrated success
- An impressive track record in helping shape a company’s perception and reputation in the media related to business performance and regulatory position
- The ability to build strong relationships with journalists and senior stakeholders
- Previous experience in a fast-paced business environment
- The ability to be comfortable to work with occasional ambiguity
- Exceptional written communication skills
- The skills to actively contribute in building and implement a comprehensive corporate and PR media strategy that covers a reactive framework and proactive opportunities
- Competency in working closely with the investor relations team and finance teams to interpret and understand key financial results and metrics
- The ability to work closely with the public affairs team to drive understanding of Afterpay’s regulatory position in the market
- The capability to manage and cultivate relationships with top tier financial, business, consumer and trade media
- The expertise to collaborate with cross-functional and global departments including legal, marketing and sales
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.