Position title: Director of Engineering
Reporting into: Head of Engineering
Contract Type: Full-Time
Location: Melbourne, Australia | We are happy to consider applicants currently residing outside of Melbourne or even Australia and potentially contribute to their relocation costs
About Assembly Payments
Assembly Payments is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in APAC, with presence in Australia, Singapore, India, the Philippines and the United States. We help our customers build automated payment workflows & gateways through APIs, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and reducing the complexity of running both classic and digital-native businesses.
The AP Engineering Team
The AP Engineering team consists of 12 Agile Scrums collaborating to deliver the AP Platform. They compose 8 Delivery Teams , one Data Engineering team, one SRE Team, Security team. DevOps and security are embedded in the Delivery teams, supported by the specialised teams who deliver framework services and coaching for the teams
- Lead AP Engineering High Performance - mentor Tech Leads and Team members, to ensure a consistent culture of Engineering excellence in their roles, ensure individuals grow and have some fun along the way!
- Develop AP Scaled Agile Team High Performance - recruit strong Engineers and manage the organisations Scaled Agile Delivery Team performance, coach the teams, empower Teams to continuously address their delivery impediments and improve their grooming, planning, executing and measuring
- Support Roadmap AP Planning - Maintain a close and positive relationship with the AP Product team and other stakeholder teams to ensure your team has all the appropriate information to deliver successfully
- Own AP Engineering Excellence - working with the Head of Architecture (peer) to implement Engineering excellence standards across all Engineering teams
- Travel - where safe to do so, travel to global team centres to support the ramp-up of new engineering teams, with a further focus on recruiting and developing engineering talent through appropriate career paths, etc.
- Own the delivery of Engineering and Product design - working with Principal Engineers and Product Designers ensure the Engineering & UX Visions and Roadmaps are well implemented by the AP Engineering teams and ensure two way communication flows freely and positively to ensure best solutions are delivered with minimum Technical Debt and compromise
- Manage service provider relationships - where required to support the global growth and global footprint of the CF platform and customer base, as well as internal supporting IT systems
- Own Delivery of Non functional requirements - ensure Security, Performance , Delivery Automation, Resiliency , Test Automation, Cost optimisation, Operational Efficiency and optimal 3rd Party Integrations are baked into designs and delivery plans from the Feature grooming stage
- Provide a technical voice at the table - Represent AP engineering teams focus and vision backed with data on incidents, tech debts, security, performance and risks at the leadership table.
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- Experience of having lead an Engineering team of 15 people or greater
- Scaled Agile experience in managing deliveries and tracking performance
- Passion for problem solving
- Attention to detail, with clear accountability focus
- Ability to manage remote teams across multiple time zones
- Secure programming - knowledge of common threats and how to avoid writing exploitable code
- Experience of automated, continuous deployment systems, such as Capistrano
- Community Involvement
This role is a Technical People leadership role so hands on coding capabilities are not essential but the candidate needs to have a strong Technical understanding of the following Technologies or similar Tech stack that could translate easily
- Oracle / MySQL / PostgreSQL knowledge
- Good UNIX / Linux experience
- Java, Golang or Ruby on rails with a strong interest in learning GoLang and other web-focussed languages, such as React
- Cloud: AWS
Ideal Additional Skills & Experience
- Experience in QA Automation methodologies
- Previous experience working in the Fintech, Payment as a Service industry
In return Assembly is offering
- Global exposure in a flat organization where your ideas and contributions will have strong impacts on the company’s growth and success.
- A company culture with an innovative, inclusive & collaborative mindset where you will learn something new everyday,alongside amazing professionals while developing your career.
- A fun and flexible work environment. Work remotely or in our creative and vibrant offices in Melbourne, Singapore, India and Manila.
- Competitive salary packages & benefits
Assembly is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without bias to education, race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Learn more about Assembly Payments and visit our website www.assemblypayments.com