Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As one of Afterpay’s Program Managers, you’ll lead a complex, strategic and business-critical program that cuts across the organisation. Tasked with spearheading and coordinating the delivery of multiple interdependent initiatives, we’re looking for leaders with world-class execution capability and high levels of resilience. Key to your success in this role will be the ability to apply a flexible and reactive approach that suits our dynamic and fast-changing environment.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Work closely with executive sponsors, product directors and departmental SMEs to help shape and form the strategy of the program
- Ensure business objectives and targets are defined, measured and reported ongoing
- Apply flexible and appropriate program management methodology to effectively plan and execute the program
- Lead and track the end-to-end roadmap across Product & Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Operations
- Partner with product management to ensure alignment on goals, roles and responsibilities and methodology
- Capacity plan across the program to ensure internal resources are available to meet objectives
- Shape and deliver the communications & change management strategy
- Form effective relationships, executive steering and working groups to manage stakeholders across the organisation
- Synthesise detailed product, project and program plans to inform and advise executive leadership
- Lead and mentor product and program teams across the organisation
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for leading high-profile, complex programs of work in a dynamic environment
- You have a deep understanding of product delivery, including Agile, ideally with a technical or product background
- Your strong commercial acumen, with the ability to go beyond pure execution, will be put to good use
- You’re comfortable and experienced working with Executive and C-suite level, with demonstrated experience presenting to these senior levels
- While not required at this stage, you have some people leadership experience
- You have strong resilience, and an ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.