Are you an experienced software test engineer with a passion for new technology? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will join the software team and you will be responsible for writing test scripts, implementation and debugging our firmware, involving all layers of the IoT stack.
Main responsibilities include:
- Leading our firmware test team and efforts involving all layers of the IoT stack.
- Writing elegant Python scripts to facilitate testing and other tasks
- Defining and maintaining test scripts and documentation
Providing valuable QA/Testing oriented feedback with regards to the complete Morse Micro ecosystem to create Quality systems
Essential skills (you must have):
- BSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- 10+ years experience in the electronics/communications industry testing firmware
- Hands on experience in the Software Testing Life Cycle and generating the said artefacts
- 3+ years experience leading software test teams
- Expert understanding of Python and its usage in test systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
Desired requirements (key skills that you should have 70% of):
- Experience with Test planning, creating test scenarios, writing test scripts and generating bug reports
- Identify critical issues and escalate
- Great attention to detail which is reflected in created Issue tickets
- Strong skills in scripting language, preferably Python
- Experience with Software Configuration Management Tools such as Git
- Experience Continuous Integration Systems - Jenkins
Bonus skills (if you have those you can stand out among the crowd, don’t sweat it if you don’t):
- Experience with IoT/Networking applications, including the usage of wireshark for testing and debugging.
- Experience with various hardware interfacing buses, like SDIO, SPI and I2C
- Experience in using static analysis and automated testing tools
- Familiar with Linux kernel development and Linux applications for embedded devices
- Familiarity with software defined radio (SDR) such as GNURadio
Who we are:
Morse Micro is Australia’s largest semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to work hard, innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet. We are a global team with offices in Sydney & Picton (Australia), Irvine & Boston (USA), Bangalore (India), Cambridge (UK) and Hangzhou (China).
Check out what it is like to work for us:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Office perks such as stocked drinks fridge, snack bar and barista coffee
- Newly fitted-out offices, with a relaxed, friendly work environment
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter to [email protected] and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's next Firmware Test Manager.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.