Planner - Men’s Private Label
At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
This team is an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love products. Our Planners analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers.
- Works with Buying counterparts to develop and implement a department strategy to drive sales and maximize profit. Develops a mid term strategic view to drive growth and profit for the department
- Reviews in season and postseason performance, giving recommendations of areas to focus on, grow and decline
- Understands the key focus for the business and the overall strategy for Category Management
- Ensures system coding/ attributing is reflective of the range and gives insight into performance.
Collaborates with buying to trial new categories, products and brands
- Regularly monitors brands at a Indent/ Hybrid/ Marketplace level and makes recommendations for change based on performance
- Develops a mid-term strategy for the department, starts to think beyond current season and planning season
- Identifying and monitoring floors and corners across both branded and private label business to reduce cannibalization.
- Collaborates with Buying to ensure optimum intake phasing, monitors intake spend and overall inventory levels. Makes recommendations for intake spend to be increased/ reduced but still coming back to overall intake targets. Updates brand plans with any changes and communicates changes to the team clearly
- Closely monitors performance against KPI benchmarks and highlights any risk, suggesting actions to take to bring performance back to meet or exceed KPIs
- Is a team player, collaborating and building relationships with Buying and Planning team members. Gets involved in company projects, working with team members from different departments
- Builds strong relationships with key brands and forms relationships within the industry to gain insights on performance and strategy wherever possible
- Minimum 3 years - 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in managing the BUB process, working collaboratively with Buying to achieve deadlines and ensuring the brand strategy aligns with department strategy
- Communicates confidently to senior management regarding department performance and strategy
- Manages a WSSI, owns the forecasting and presents in reforecast meetings
- Manages direct reports (dependent on team structure) workload and priorities, meeting both specific planning and department deadlines.
- Conducts in depth competitor shops and market analysis. Presents findings and draws conclusions and actions from this analysis
- Actively looks for ways to improve current processes, gives input with regards to system improvements
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to your the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.