At Spriggy, we’re building the future of money for families and young Australians. Spriggy launched in late 2016 and has had over 500,000 members join, with hundreds of new parents and kids joining Spriggy every day. Spriggy is backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures and NAB Ventures.
Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money and makes it possible to manage it all from your pocket. We provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' future.
We’re a rapidly growing team, with people from diverse backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. We’re all passionate problem solvers and we truly care about how people learn to use money.
We’re now looking for a Strategic Partnerships Manager to define, manage and execute on strategic initiatives. You will be reporting directly to the co-CEO and co-Founder. The right candidate is exceptional at communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, comfortable working autonomously and is dedicated to creatively building win-win models for Spriggy and its partners.
Your challenge and responsibilities:
Examples of problems you’ll need to solve with the team:
- Consolidate the business strategy and requirements into a communicable and actionable strategic plan and communicate plan with stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and make ROI based cases to scale the team and lead hiring to support partnership initiatives.
- Anticipate strategic opportunities and requirements by capturing stakeholder input, monitoring industry advancements, and collecting business needs.
- Manage and develop existing relationships to support the fast paced growth of Spriggy.
- Communicate the partnership strategy and progress at regular intervals across organisational levels.
- Deliver on strategic engagements and deliverables, ensuring we can deliver on partnership initiatives with quality and speed.
- Planning and prioritising partnership activities alongside the co-CEO.
- Planning, implementing and managing proposed recommendations and projects. Present findings, projections and recommended actions to the leadership team.
- Proactively assessing, identifying and addressing potential risks.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, encouraging a transparent and productive working relationship.
- Identifying and, where appropriate, engaging internal and external stakeholders of the organisation who have appropriate skills, experience, interest and capacity to assist in developing partnership proposals.
- Attend and where required, present at external customer meetings either individually or alongside colleagues.
Key skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Professional experience in partnerships, strategy or operations.
- High level commercial acumen, negotiation and contract management expertise.
- Excellent relationship management skills across diverse organisational levels.
- Strong project management and organisational skills needed to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with strategic business partners.
- Collaborative working style, with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem solving, communication, delegation and planning.
- Broad understanding of the banking and finance landscape including regulations, platforms, consumer products, emerging technology standards and trends.
- You are excited by the big picture and would enjoy working closely with the founders and leadership team on the business strategy.
- You are comfortable delivering with ambiguity. You’re comfortable with expected and unexpected changes in the process.
- Ability to work autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines.
In the first 3-6 months you will have:
- Solve multiple problems from within the opening “Your challenge and responsibilities” section.
- Execute on strategic deliverables as part of the broader business strategy alongside the co-CEO.
- Present findings, projections and recommended actions to the leadership team.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to deeply understand the needs of our Spriggy families and their customer journey.
- Develop a program assessment process for evaluation of relevant vendors.
- Get to know regulatory requirements and processes. Outline and implement improvements.
- Have an intimate understanding of the key metrics of the business.
- Get to know the rest of the team through one-on-ones and team events.
What you’ll get:
- The opportunity to build one of Australia’s next tech unicorns alongside an exceptional team.
- Excellent culture, we encourage collaboration, growth and learning amongst the team.
- Competitive salary and consideration for equity.
- An ability to directly influence the direction of the Spriggy products and business.
- An autonomous and flexible role where you will be trusted with key tasks.
- An opportunity to have real impact and be part of a company with purpose.
- Grow your career with Spriggy. We’ll shape your development with you.
- A flexible workplace environment (remote first).
- A work from home set-up budget.
- A continued professional development budget.
Our team's diverse backgrounds ensure that our products talk to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.