Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Business Development Executive to join our Sales team in Melbourne. You will be first point of contact for any inbound lead while also proactively sourcing and bringing new retail leads into the Vend sales process and educating high potential prospects about Vend.
We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be either. So keep reading if you love the art of selling, delighting customers and have a natural affinity for technology!
Who we are and what we do:
Vend is an award-winning Saas company winning on a global scale. We have over 280 talented people across 5 major markets (US, CA, UK, NZ, AU) working to delight over 25,000 retail stores worldwide.
💚 Our mission: help our retailers build thriving businesses, live more fulfilling lives and create experiences that people love.
What you’ll be doing:
- Initiate the sales process through multiple inbound and outbound cold calling, email, social media touch points;
- Proactively own a book of leads and nurture them to the point that they’re ready to make a purchase decision while continually searching for and increasing the number of potential customers to prospect;
- Self-source of additional new business opportunities for Vend by understanding customer requirements and have the first consultation with prospective customers;
- Improve our knowledge base and business intelligence on the retail sector in the region and regularly complete product and sales training modules;
- Maintain a clean inbound funnel and collaborate with Account Executives to get the best solution for the customer.
What you need to bring:
- Experience selling over multiple channels, phone, email, social, face to face and using multiple sales processes;
- B2B sales experience engaging with SMBs (preferably within retail);
- Experience qualifying sales leads and have previously generated a robust pipeline of leads;
- Experience working with a sales CRM such as Salesforce;
- Sales experience, including exposure in an outbound and/or new business development function, preferably selling SaaS solutions.
If you are looking for a career change and this sounds like something that interests you, get in touch!
Why do you want to work at Vend?
- We will provide you with opportunities to develop your career
- You will be able to enjoy flexible working hours
- You can help build an amazing product in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Travel insurance for you and your family
- Vend Share Options scheme
- Four weeks annual leave + extra day over the Christmas holidays
Where to from here?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world, feel free to check out our Instagram here.
Vend is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity.