From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
About the Opportunity
As the ANZ Payroll Officer, you’ll be responsible for executing end to end monthly payroll processing, including data entry, checking and validation, answering employee and manager queries, third party payments, month-end payroll activities including calculation and submission of payroll tax, posting of journals and reconciliations. You will also work with the ANZ Payroll Manager to continually review payroll procedures and documentation and update as necessary.
Afterpay is a fast-paced environment where 'things happen' every day! This role requires someone who is energetic and is able to manage multiple competing priorities. Furthermore, this would best suit someone looking to continue their career as a highly experienced Payroll Officer who enjoys and has a passion for hands on end to end payroll activities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing of the monthly ANZ Payroll cycles
- Preparing ANZ payroll reconciliations, ensuring they are accurate, timely and compliant at all times
- Assisting with ad-hoc payroll requests relating to expansion activities in other regions in which Afterpay operates
- Working on process improvement opportunities identified with stakeholders, including Human Resources, Remuneration and Benefits and Finance
- Assisting with key payroll projects as required
- Assisting the ANZ Payroll Manager with all audit activities, providing timely data, and ensuring the payroll audit is passed without qualification or escalations
- Extensive experience completing monthly payroll processes
- Payroll Certification will be highly regarded
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and fast-changing environment
- Ability to review and improve payroll processes and documentation
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- A self-starter and someone who thrives under pressure who has high attention to detail
Sign me Up!
Interested? Click ‘Apply!’
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices