Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s People Partner, you'll be responsible for delivering brilliant People outcomes to Afterpay and the client group they partner with. You will be a trusted and influential advisor, providing a high-quality service to your leadership teams enabling their successful delivery of our strategy. You’ll play an important role in implementing and embedding various People initiatives across the business and you’ll be a champion of Afterpay’s values, vision and mission. You will be working closely with our senior leaders to coach, navigate and solve problems, and develop and launch programs that support the success of all employees.
This role is a 14 month Fixed Term Contract.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You have strong relationship management ability including demonstrated maturity and judgement, and proven experience in delivering exceptional people programs and experiences that enable an out performing culture
- You are intrinsically motivated with a strong delivery focused mindset and client service approach
- Ability to build strong business partnerships and relationships with a variety of people and organisational levels across a range of operational and strategic people matters to create high levels of employee engagement, performance and business results; in line with our values
- You have demonstrable experience working as part of a global People team, developing and implementing guidelines, practices, change programs and projects
- Strong coaching, consulting, influencing, negotiation skills & problem-solving.
- Flexible, pragmatic, approachable to balance, and sensitive to the needs of both individuals and the business.
- High level of attention to detail and able to be hands on when needed but also be able to dream about the futureA creative thinker, passionate about creating a great place to work.
- Excellent communication skills and highly customer focused.
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!