We’re looking for a UI Designer to help craft the future of our market-leading digital product suite. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a highly collaborative role and requires an innovative designer, a team player, and a visual skilled communicator - all rolled into one!
About the role
As a UI Designer you will create intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use interface designs for many – from the first time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with Product Designers, Engineers, Support, Marketing and Product Managers throughout the design process. You will work closely with Product Designers and Engineers on a day to day basis, supporting our product development needs and creating interfaces that take the 99designs experience to the next level.
- Collaborate with Product Designers in concept creation, ideation and brainstorming
- Assist in the creation of a best practice style guide/design language system and principles with a holistic consideration for the future
- Clearly rationalise and justify design decisions and champion the needs of our users
- Participate in Design team activities such as our weekly design critique, including leading by example through sharing your own work on a regular basis
- Enthusiastically contribute to Design initiatives and be an active and collaborative member of the Design team
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and other cross-functional team members
Required Experience, and Skills
- Have 5+ years designing products/services, including responsive and transactional web apps
- Experience working in an established design team
- Expert level of understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy
- Experience working and collaborating in cross-functional teams (such as with UX/Product designers, product managers and engineers)
- Experience working in an Agile product development environment
- Fluency with visual and interaction and prototyping tools such as Sketch and InVision
- A thorough understanding of technical requirements and limitations of responsive web
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies, and individuals.
At 99designs we care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We welcome applicants of all types, from all backgrounds that have the skills and experience we're looking for.
Working with us
We’re a global team with a philosophy of encouraging passionate people to be fun and creative. With offices in Melbourne, Oakland, and Berlin we benefit from bringing together the experiences and viewpoints of a wide range of talented people from around the world. We believe a diverse workplace is a healthy workplace.
99designs employees enjoy many benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Continual training and learning, including in-house mentoring opportunities
- Annual Volunteer day, as a group exercise or individual contribution
- An active and inclusive social club, with events for you and your family
- Paid parental leave
- Top-of-the-line Mac gear
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What is something you have worked on that you are most proud of, and why?