Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to provide 1st & 2nd level IT support to our Koalas to ensure that the business continues to operate efficiently and effectively. You will implement strategic initiatives to improve the Workplace Technology for Koala's globally. This role will be providing support for business users and ensuring that the business continues to operate effectively. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. This position is based across our Alexandria & CBD Treehouses.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Providing global 1st & 2nd level support by working closely with internal customers to resolve IT requests and issues
- Onboarding and offboarding of new and departing Koalas, including hardware setup and user account administration
- Imaging and deployment of Mac and PC hardware as well as tracking of assets from onboarding to deprovisioning - lifecycle management
- Troubleshooting of hardware, software and networking issues on Mac and PC
- Responding to IT calls and problem tickets; following in-house procedures and escalation processes utilizing our ticketing system
- Confidently articulating problems, issues and offering technical solutions
- Provide regular status updates to end-users and stakeholders
- Participate in solution and process improvement initiatives
- 2+ years experience providing IT Support to 100+ users
- Self-motivated and proactive spirit, with a desire to learn and grow as part of a team
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed knowledge and experience with MacOS and Windows operating systems
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Google Workspace
- Experience with Jamf a plus
- Experience with Okta or another SSO provider a plus
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you.
Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
Fully stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get!
Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Volunteer Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and selflessness drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.