Book an Artist - Who are we and what problem are we tackling?
Book an Artist is a VC backed fast growing startup based in Australia with a grand vision to transform the world by giving people access to amazing artists. The Book An Artist platform simplifies the process of finding and hiring artists while simultaneously supporting artists through the tricky waters of generating work.
Our mission at Book an artist is to empower artists to realize their full value & stay independent. We want to discourage the pursuit of boring and mass-produced products in favour of unique custom-made personalised artworks. Book An Artist represents over 80 talented artists across the globe including the UK and Australia.
We have collaborated with international brands in our first year of business such as Netflix, Jimmy Choo, One Direction, WeWork, and Mercedes Benz alongside small businesses, homeowners, and restaurants.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a kick ass full-stack developer who is ready to lead the IT side of our growing start up. As the first on-shore tech person, you'll be given the trust and autonomy to make long term technical decisions, grow the team around you and move into a CTO role within the next few years. Salary $90k to $110k plus equity.
You will be managing a growing team of 3 full time developers overseas. You will be responsible for defining and implementing best practices within the development team to build our product in a scalable way. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a creative industry where we are creating the wave of personalised artwork.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- 3-4 years of full-time experience.
- Good analytical skills for solution design, software build and problem resolution.
- Experience with NodeJS and a comprehensive understanding of Async programming.
- Working knowledge of ReactJS, HTML and CSS is a must.
- Experience working with relational databases like MySQL is required.
- A problem solver who loves to learn.
- Experience in previous marketplace environment (bonus points!)
- Work experience implementing and following development best practices such as test-drive development, continuous integration, Agile, refactoring and code standards.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle is a must.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD is preferred.
About You, Technically:
- Excited about tech and constantly learning new stuff
- Have an open mind about the technology and its trade-offs
- Strong programming skills in any of the modern programming language
- Proficiency in cloud technology and architecture
- Experienced in building scalable architecture and platforms
- Experience across the full spectrum of development. You may not be the best in all areas, but you understand how all the pieces of the puzzle come together and can lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Able to take on multiple roles in your stride
About You, Personally:
- Above all else, passion and drive to build world-class digital products
- Believe that teamwork makes the dream work
- Be a people person. Be able to inspire, motivate, and lead a best in class technical team all whilst keeping them aligned and driven around the company vision.
- Ability to have fun and contribute to a vibrant working environment
- Not afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try new things
- Strong problem-solving skills