Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
Athena Home Loans launched in 2019 to help Aussie borrowers save money and pay down their home loan faster. Athena’s digital mortgage platform radically simplifies the application process passing on the savings to customers as better rates.
Customers switching to Athena are saving ~ $60,000 over the life of their loans. Since launch, Athena has settled over $1.9b in home loans, and saved borrowers over $200m in interest savings – and grown to become one of Australia’s largest fintechs.
Athena has built Australia’s first cloud-native home loan platform, covering the full value chain to acquire, originate, service and fund residential mortgages. Fintechs targeting mortgages are typically only focusing on a narrow layer of the value chain (e.g. originations), then handing back to legacy bank systems. By tackling the full stack, Athena aims to cut the cost of running a mortgage business by 70% vs. legacy players, providing sustainable advantage.
Athena has raised $200m in equity funding to date in four funding rounds from leading investors including AirTree Ventures, Apex Capital, AustralianSuper, Hostplus, Macquarie Bank, RESIMAC Group, Rice Warner, Square Peg and Sunsuper. Most recently in May 2021, Athena closed $90m in Series D funding – the largest ever Australia-led venture capital investment round.
In the past year Athena has been recognised amongst multiple consumer lending and industry awards including Canstar Outstanding Value and Innovation Excellence awards, RateCity and Mozo awards, Most Innovative company of the year, Fintech Lender and Fintech CEO of the year.
What can we offer you?
The opportunity to work with a team of fast movers and shakers who really want to create some real change in the home loans industry. Australia has enough debt already, we want to help Australians get out of debt so they can start to rewrite their future stories.
We believe in autonomy, bravery, moving fast and just giving things a go. We are focused on building a company where everyone wants to work because they feel valued, empowered and because they feel passionate about helping customers get out of debt sooner.
Your mission will be 2-fold:
1) Website redesign & optimisation: Head up the website and customer journey team to deliver a best in class, customer first, efficient converting website with cutting edge technology & design that showcases our brand and ambition. Drive continuous evolution and optimisation of the site
2) Customer data capture, nurture journeys & conversion: Lead & empower the team to test and develop customer nurture journeys & comms in order to drive conversion from hit to draft to submit and settlement
- Lead and empower the team to deliver a newly design website that strikes the right balance between being creatively different and on brand as well as conversion rate optimised
- Drive the constant A/B testing strategy that is part of our always on marketing to persistently increase customer data capture and conversion
- Work closely with the Head of Digital Marketing to ensure customer journeys are in line with digital acquisition strategies, taking responsibility for landing pages and personalisation of identified customer segments
- Be the key liaison with other stakeholders in the business to ensure that the website is kept up to date with the latest product launches and information. This includes encouraging feedback from the sales team to ensure customer feedback is taken on board
- Responsible for driving our SEO strategy ensuring that we hit our quarterly and annual objectives for website performance and ranking for core topic areas
- Support the team in developing and executing a cohesive ‘customer nurture journey’ strategy, that is set up to test key variables across multiple factors (e.g. creative, channel, timing) from the start
- Responsible for the analytics and reporting of the website and nurture journey performance, reporting back to key stakeholders, collating ideas and working collaboratively to agree priorities
- Support, encourage and advocate for your team’s personal development, ensuring they are clear on their priorities and objectives
- Experience with designing, scaling and optimising websites – ideally within financial service (but not restrictive to)
- People leadership
- Be knowledgeable in best practice across UX/UI, SEO, website optimisations & data personalisation
- Analysing customer behaviour and conversion rates, creating dashboards and creating new hypothesis
- A drive and passion for A/B testing and experimenting with ways to capture customer data
- An experienced and compassionate leader who can inspire the team
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid changes
- A creative mind that can deliver and execute on bold ideas