Prospection is a pioneer in healthcare data analytics. Using predictive analytics and machine learning with real-world healthcare data to unearth insights that help research, develop and target better healthcare outcomes for patients.
We analyse large health care data sets (script claims, EMR, Registry, Insurance, Supply Chain, CRM) to provide real world evidence insights, improve medication utilisation and health outcomes.
Founded out of Sydney’s Cicada Innovations in 2012, Prospection works with government, pharmaceutical companies and the medical community across more than 70 therapy programs, including immuno-oncology, HIV and hepatitis, in Australia and Asia Pacific. Prospection is backed by investors including Main Sequence Ventures, and Horizons Ventures.
At Prospection you would be using your skills in data warehouse design, data transformation, visualisation, and product development to take untethered patient and pharmaceutical data and map treatment journeys, translating them into actionable insights.
As a Software Engineer you will work in squad with four-to-six other engineers. You will collaborate closely with engineers in your squad and others, as well as product owners, data scientists and delivery consultants. Typical tasks will include:
- In collaboration with your squad, the end-to-end design, implementation, and deployment of backend work. This may include but is not limited to data transformation and processing, querying and aggregating data, identifying patterns in data and building APIs to support the front-end visualisations.
- In collaboration with our Product and Client Delivery teams, compose multiple datasets into insightful reports and product features to allow our clients to target the right patients with the right treatments at the right time
- Contribute to architectural discussions, knowledge sharing and influence the future of our products
- Identify and improve stability and performance bottlenecks.
- Contribute to code reviews.
- Proactively mentor less experienced developers
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, such as common data structures and algorithm design.
- Understanding and use of class-level software design patterns, service-level design patterns and system architecture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A willingness to work in a team and own the quality of the work your squad produces.
- Automated testing (for example xUnit libraries)
Our Tech Stack
Prior experience in our tech stack would be useful but is not essential for a successful application. We
welcome a diverse range of experience and will provide you with opportunities to learn the skills below
on the job.
Back-end and data processing:
- JDK 11 (with a JDK17 upgrade planned)
- Spring boot stack (Hibernate/spring-data-jpa/spring-mvc/spring-boot)
- AWS services including S3 and Athena
- Google Maps
- Kubernetes [AWS EKS]
- AWS services including EC2 and ECR
You might also have this experience:
The skills and experience listed below are part of the role or would be beneficial to the squad. However,
as with our technology stack, prior experience is not mandatory.
- Strong experience with automated testing techniques such as Test Driven Development, data-driven
tests and property-based testing.
- Exposure to “lean start-up” or product-led working environments.
- Experience working collaboratively with product managers and UX/Design
- Familiarity with the concepts of continuous integration and delivery (CI / CD) and a DevOps mindset,
particularly as it applies to building user-facing features. (For example, working with feature
- Demonstrated knowledge of API design. This includes REST APIs between a front-end and back-end
and internal APIs between services
Knowledge of Single Page App [SPA] design patterns
- Actively stay aware of developments in front-end technologies.
- The ability to draw from a wide range of experience and architectural knowledge to make pragmatic
choices regarding system architecture and code structure. Particularly with respect to aligning our
technical roadmap with future product capabilities.
- Prior experience in the healthcare or business intelligence domain.
- The opportunity to contribute to improving patient outcomes across the globe.
- Flexible and remote working options
- Stimulating and diverse problems to solve.
- Great team culture.
- Lots to learn.
As a team player, you enjoy learning new skills from your colleagues and sharing your knowledge with others. You should have a strong work ethic, whilst making time to have fun at the end of the day.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your most up to date resume
*Note: Our team is fully supported and successfully working and delivering on projects remotely or from home. The health and wellbeing of our employees and clients is important to us, we have implemented and continue to practice COVID safe policies, informed by the health advice obtained from NSW Health and Federal Government Health Agencies.
We respectfully acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and learn, and pay respect to the First Nations Peoples and their elders, past, present and future.