- Flexible work environment – 2021 HRNZ Award-winning for innovation.
- Based in Christchurch, but open to candidates able to work remotely from any location within New Zealand, or at our Auckland office
- Health insurance, life & income protection, car parking, home broadband allowance and other great benefits provided alongside a competitive remuneration package
- Wellbeing initiatives that provide support and help you be at your best
- Applications for this vacancy will close on 19 January 2022
Jade Software Corporation is looking for multiple experienced Intermediate Software Engineers to join a dynamic cross-functional delivery team and be involved in an exciting enterprise-level project.
These new roles have been created due to the growth we have been experiencing this year. You will be joining an agile delivery house that truly does focus on its people, the culture, and the experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant, you will be provided with on-the-job training and be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews.
You will receive a competitive remuneration package that includes several first-rate benefits such as health insurance for you and your family, life and income protection insurance, car parking, and subsidised broadband.
At Jade Software Corporation, our 2021 HRNZ Award-winning Hybrid Way of Working enables our people the flexibility to combine working from home with connection days in the office. Our people love coming to work because we’re always working on something innovative and inspiring, and we can’t wait for more people like you to join us.
Our three values are People first, Live for the future, & Dare to be different. These values underpin everything we do at Jade. We never lose sight of people, their potential, and the innovative ways they can achieve that potential through technology. Your wellbeing is important to us, and our wellbeing initiatives at Jade are there to provide support and help you be physically and mentally at your best.
Our commitment to our customers’ future success defines us. Through passionate employees like you, we’re always looking for new ways of combining the power of People, Data, and Software, to make technology meaningful and accessible. This approach enables our customers to evolve in the fields of customer engagement, retention, and business efficiency.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your key focus in this role will be to contribute to the success of a team that is responsible for enhancing existing systems or developing new solutions for Jade and its clients.
You will be developing software designs, as well as developing and testing according to specific work packages and client needs, all in accordance with designated company standards of methodology, style, and quality. The role requires you to communicate technical issues and decisions clearly and proactively with key stakeholders.
You will be working directly with our Sydney-based client as part of the wider trans-Tasman team, and will be introduced to their ways of working and enterprise technology ecosystem. Ideally you will be working Australian eastern hours.
It is essential that you possess hands-on experience with:
- C# and Microsoft technologies such as MVC, WebAPI, EF etc
- RESTful and SOAP Web Services
- Building cloud-native solutions with Azure (or AWS, and the ability to quickly learn Azure)
- Microservices and building software with microservice patterns in mind to modernise existing solutions
- Integration testing and test-driven development with a strong focus on quality engineering
- Working knowledge of DevOps practices, with deployment patterns to cloud-based solutions as a bonus
You will also have:
- 2+ years of experience in a software development team environment (dependent on seniority of role)
- A relevant IT tertiary qualification is preferred but not essential
- Angular, React or any other front end technology experience is preferred but not essential
- Experience using Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment tools such as Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Octopus and Azure DevOps for deployments etc
- Knowledge of software development process and practice, e.g. Kanban and Agile methodologies.
- Ability to self-manage, be autonomous and be cross-functional across the Software Development Life Cycle to adapt within the fail-fast, innovation projects.
Some nice to haves but not essential:
- A background in the financial services/insurance industry or enterprise development is preferred
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server / TSQL in a large commercial environment
- Experience with Docker and containerisation technologies, Terraform and other infrastructure as code technologies is a bonus
- Visual Studio 2015+ with SSDT, SQL Server 2008, 2012+ Stack skills (particularly SSIS and T-SQL preferred)
- Experience in automated testing and non-functional testing would be beneficial.
View a Position Description for this role here: Software Engineer Position Description
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOU'VE APPLIED
- You'll receive an email acknowledging your application
- Our team will review your application and you'll hear from us within 1 - 2 weeks of the job closing
- If shortlisted, you'll be invited to complete a phone-based interview and an online assessment to understand your technical capabilities
- If successful, you'll progress to the interview stage, which may include psychometric, verbal, numerical, and abstract reasoning assessments