About Quantum Brilliance
Quantum Brilliance is the world leader in room-temperature quantum computing using synthetic diamonds. Our unique vision is to make quantum computing available as an everyday technology, from data centres to remote and mobile systems like autonomous robots and satellites. Our HQs are in Stuttgart, Germany and Canberra, Australia, with additional locations across Australia and southern Germany. We are working with global technology leaders to develop quantum computing applications, integrate quantum with high-performance computing, solve materials science challenges and develop ultra-precise semiconductor manufacturing and control techniques. We are backed by leading venture-capital funds and major research and technology institutes.
About the Role
The role of Technical Assistant to the CEO is a critical connector with our broader Executive team and the R&D programs that are being executed across our global operations. You will help shape the exact nature of the role, which at its core is about supporting and multiplying the effectiveness of the CEO's office and broader Executive team, in realising our ambitious goals. You will be a self-starting team player with an attention to detail, have great time management skills, strong communication and stakeholder management skills, as you will be engaging with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work directly with the CEO, broader Executive team and interface with people across the entire scope of the company & our R&D programs. We currently have labs in 6 locations across Australia and Germany and are collaborating with leading research institutions and quantum technology companies in various global regions.
- Review, organize and summarize key technical reports and findings for the CEO. Gathering information and preparing internal briefs will be a critical component of this role.
- Support the C-Suite with tasks that require broad operational and situational awareness to enable efficient collaboration with the management team such as scheduling, shadowing in meetings, ensuring the recording of action items and establishing cadence on follow-ups/actions.
- Help build and manage relationships with key external stakeholders, such as customers, investors, commercial partners and potential hires.
- Assist in preparing meetings and events with internal and external stakeholders.
- Catch new projects and identify an appropriate owner, ensuring that tasks are handed off to the right function in the organisation, or driving yourself as a special (i.e. once-off) project.
- Be visible and present within Quantum Brilliance, helping to connect the layers of the organisation with the Executive office.
There are a few general things that will help you be successful in the role:
- PhD or at minimum a Graduate degree in a relevant technical field, such as, computer science, physics, quantum computing, materials science, electronics engineering, optical engineering etc
- Ability to learn and grasp at a high level, unfamiliar complex technical concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Highly organized, motivated and detail oriented, while working cross-functionally in a dynamic environment.
- Growth mind-set that enjoys pace and constantly evolving challenges, with a curiosity and passion for learning.
- High EQ, strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication and teamwork skills,
- Adaptability to work in an environment with rapidly changing needs and a level of ambiguity
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- A self-starter where undertaking ad hoc project tasks is something that you thrive on.
- An adaptable, flexible and positive mindset to deal with the changing landscape of a startup/scaleup type environment and levels of ambiguity
Future Role Scope:
- As the Quantum Brilliance business grows and evolves, you would have the scope to shape the nature of the role and how it evolves in responsibility. There are various career paths you will be able to take in the future as we scale and grow our global operations.
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are aware that some individuals tend to only apply for jobs when they meet 100% of the criteria. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit!