At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty, Home and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. THE ICONIC Buyers travel to fashion capitals around the globe to source the best brands and research and predict the up-and-coming trends for our customers. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular Buying workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
We are currently on the look out for a Junior Buyer to join our Sports team.
- Share performance updates (monthly & seasonally) with brands.
- Identify priorities & action points with each brand (product, volume, missed opp. new terms...)
- Negotiate Brand Partnership marketing opportunities in line with business calendar.
- Follow process for new brand onboarding
- Maintain strong, commercial supplier relationships with regular communication.
- Deliver key department targets for sales, stock turn & profit.
- Manage requests for stock return, mark down contribution and rebates.
- Sign off mark down sku lists.
- Manage Core to 98% Size Availability.
- Review weekly product lifecycle with Buying & Planning team for replenishment or clearance opportunity.
- Manage department OTB and maintain an accurate brand plan.
- Full visibility on committed and forecast OTB.
- Manage department intake to hit weekly, monthly & seasonal forecast closing stock targets.
- Pre-alignment on brand performance with planning prior to showroom appointment/order writing.
- Attend showing, make product selection and quantify brand orders.
- Brand sign off presentation to Planners/BM//PM/CM
- Analyse and present weekly trade with actions.
- Analyse and present in monthly WSSI reforecast with actions.
- Lead Monthly 'Go To Market' buying input in Marketing calendar.
- Review feedback & align on creative responses to monthly marketing brief.
- Complete & present campaign briefing memos for relevant categories.
- Sign off visual marketing SKU lists.
- Seasonal SWOT presented to key stakeholders.
- Strategy & Vision seasonal/yearly memo presented to key stakeholders.
- Always on trend analysis, reviewing brand and category shifts and action accordingly.
- Seasonal trend presentation in collaboration with Creative and shared with teams.
- Complete Seasonal/Yearly BUB with planning team for existing and brand targets.
- Manage direct reports to execute KPIs
- Build collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders in marketing, creative, tech, VM, FC.
- Assist team to ensure business critical task deadlines are met
- On top of your main roles and responsibilities, if any team deadlines are not being met, you will be required to step in and help carry out any tasks as required by the business.
- Junior Buyer experience in a multi-brand fashion/retail environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Thrive on building successful and long term business relationships
- You're naturally inquisitive with a love for numbers and a strong understanding of how to review and report using Excel
- A passion for retail! You’re a trend enthusiast and love all things women's fashion!
- You have strong levels of attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to your the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.