As an established Australian born business, we’re proud to be ranked 3rd for the AFR's Best Places to Work 2022!!!! and we are continuing to supercharge our growth by turning the global market Amber. That’s right, “Aussie Amber” (our brand colour, aptly nailed by our Marketing Team!)
In doing so we’re changing the way people pay, for the better, and we’d love you to join us in our mission.
About the opportunity:
As the Graduate Accountant, you will provide administrative and accounting support relating to month end accounting, accounts payable, and GL reconciliation and transaction analysis.
• Bookkeeping in Xero
• Daily bank reconciliations
• Process monthly staff expense claims
• Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
• Assist with the preparation of end of month procedures
• Assist in the preparation of operational reports
• Assist in the preparation of BAS, FBT and payroll tax
• Ad Hoc duties as requested
The bit about you:
This is an excellent role for a new graduate or someone looking to establish a solid foundation for their career in accounting. To succeed in this role, you will be a fast learner, have excellent attention to detail and exceptional communication skills. You will be patient and open to learning new things as well as looking to grow your skill-set and grow your career.
What youll need:
• High attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
• Be highly organised and take a proactive approach to following up on action items
• Understanding of general accounting concepts
• Understanding of month end processes and GL reconciliations
• Basic understanding of Payroll
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Ability to work independently as well as being a team player
• Motivated and committed individual who is proactive in meeting deadlines
• Banking, professional services or BNPL experience (desirable)
The Team you'll be joining:
We believe every new team member has an opportunity to add to our culture – we’re a vibrant team of Podcasters, Ultra-Marathoners, Weightlifters, Chess Players, Students and more, so we’re looking for people who want to be part of a diverse and ever-changing team.
Being part of a growing Fintech means you’ll need to be a self-starter with high energy, motivation and focus on achieving targets. You’ll crave the unknown and be excited by the opportunity to challenge yourself every day. As we grow, we change, so you’ll be flexible, willing to evolve as our systems and processes do. Always tenacious, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities and will be quick to bounce back if you encounter a setback. Most importantly, you’ll be kind - our team appreciates and supports each other (particularly this year) so you’ll want to be part of that team spirit.
At the moment our Team are working in a hybrid model, and we will be able to onboard you from home or at the office, which ever works best for you. We will support you to hit the ground running in our supportive and collaborative environment.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Openpay is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.