Amber is a new way to buy power, designed for a world powered by renewable energy. We give customers direct access to the real-time wholesale electricity price as it varies every 30 mins and the technology to shift more of their energy usage to the times when cheaper renewables are available in the grid. It’s a cheaper way to buy power and the fastest way for Australia to reach 100% renewable energy.
We are growing rapidly and have thousands of customers who love what we are doing and a great product that will play a significant role in driving Australia towards a renewable future. We are backed by Australia’s leading VCs including Square Peg Capital, Giant Leap (Impact Investment Group) and Black Sheep Capital. We’re now at a critical moment in taking the business to real scale as we disrupt a huge market for the better.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and a great culture of people who love coming to work to build a better world. You’d be a part of a rapidly growing team of 20 with expertise across energy, technology, marketing, and operations.
As a Junior Customer Operations Specialist you’d be working in a small but growing team, reporting to the Head of Operations and helping to build Amber’s ambitious vision. You’ll be learning a great deal about how a modern, innovative company engages with its customers, and have be able to make a lasting positive impression on them through providing informative, concise and timely support.
Customer Operations Specialist Responsibilities
- Educating our customers on Amber’s product and processes, as well as addressing their concerns and problems, via email, phone and chat
- Advocating for the customer experience, keeping the organisation focused on delivering what matters most to them
- Working closely with our electricity retail partner to help solve customer problems and deliver a seamless customer experience
- Taking initiative to suggest ideas on how to improve and streamline internal processes in collaboration with senior members of our Operations team
At Amber, we want to hire self-starters who are eager to learn, and are comfortable working in a changing environment. Some of the key traits we are looking for in this role:
- You’re a people person - you love both working with people and helping people
- You’re empathetic - you care and want to understand customers problems
- You’re an excellent communicator - you know the right words and tone to use, whether you’re explaining a concept over the phone, handling a customer complaint or working with an internal stakeholder
- You’re a problem-solver - you embrace challenges, think on your feet and work strategically to find solutions
- You’re persistent - you will be working in a fast paced and changing environment and work well in difficult situations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid base of IT competence with experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Ideal, but not required:
- Experience working in fast-paced organisations
- Experience in energy sector or in customer support
- Passion for technology, energy or the environment
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Flexible working hours with provision for regular work from home arrangement
- We offset 100% of your carbon footprint for as long as you work with us (via Nul)
$50,000 - 60,000
- We put the customer at the centre of everything we do. Whatever it is we are doing, it’s always with a viewpoint that this will help our customers, whether that’s 1000 customers right now, or 1 million customers over the next 10 years.
- We are willing to take calculated risks on bold ideas. We seek to do things differently and are willing to try creative ideas if we believe there is significant upside with a culture where we recognise that not all ideas will succeed.
- Hypothesis driven approach. We develop hypotheses of actions we can take to improve the business and then set up the systems to quickly test if that hypothesis was correct.
- We seek insight. We seek to disaggregate the data to draw out the insight to inform our next hypothesis.
- We prioritise the biggest opportunities. We test a variety of ideas but quickly cut what isn’t working and double down on what is.
- We continually learn and improve. We keep track of what we have learnt so that we continually improve and never make the same mistake twice.
- We love accountability. We accept responsibility for solving problems, and then we hold ourselves and our teammates accountable for delivering on them.
- We create leverage. We believe that the key to creating an efficient business at scale is to create leverage in everything we do. Whether that’s implementing a better processes or developing a new technology to solve a problem faster.
- We have fun. We love coming to work, and interacting with our colleagues and customers. If we spot an opportunity for a joke, or to do something nice for someone, then we take it.
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] Please add your full name and the role you’re applying for in the subject line of your email i.e Lucy Smith - Customer Operations Specialist
For bonus points demonstrate your fine attention to detail by mentioning the name of the firm we use to offset employee emissions in your cover letter