At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty, home and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Planners are an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love products. They analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers. We are currently looking for an Assistant Planner to join our kids team! We are currently on the look out for an Assistant Planner - Menswear.
About this role...
- Supports the category manager and line manager by providing accurate analysis and reports. Indicate any key themes and provide basic commentary.
- Identify risks and opportunities, providing suggestions, solutions or actions.
- Understand the promotional calendar and department critical paths. Ensure any stock required for key promotions or campaigns is monitored, updating your Senior Planner of any risks or concerns
- Contribute to department trade meetings, by challenging/highlighting risk and/or opportunity.
- Understands key metrics and levers that affect KPIs. ASP, margin, etc. Manipulate these levers to drive trade
- Suggest trade actions from managing the WSSI. Manages a department WSSI with Senior Planner guidance and touchpoints
- Present trade information within department trade meetings. Highlighting risk, opportunities and suggesting action points
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills/attributes:
- A proactive attitude, always looking to improve processes or bring increased efficiencies to your work.
- Confident communicator with the ability to adapt your style depending on your audience.
- A true team player with experience mentoring or training junior team mates
- Works well under pressure and able to manage changing priorities in your workload
- Excellent mathematical skills and comfortable using Excel
- Embodies our ICONIC Principles
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.