From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime!
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
Our industry benefits from a plethora of events, speaking engagements, conferences, tradeshows, seminars, and award nights. They play a critical role within the wide mix of our B2B marketing strategy in enabling us to share our story with our current and prospective merchant partners.
We are searching for a talented B2B Sponsorships and Events Manager to deliver a sponsorship and event program fitting for the world's most loved way to pay. This newly created role is a unique opportunity for an exceptionally organised Sponsorships & Events Manager who has significant experience planning and delivering retail events in a fast-paced and forever changing environment. This role is a 12-month fixed-term contract based in Sydney and will report to our AU B2B Marketing Director.
Responsibilities are likely to include:
- Plan, manage and deliver an integrated and exceptional events program (conferences, trade shows, VIP events - including online events such as webinars) that supports our brand’s leadership position, engagement with merchant partners and accelerates pipeline development for sales within the retail, health and service sectors
- Create and manage the framework that enables us to identify the most valuable events, conferences, and sponsorship opportunities with the level of presence required (i.e. keynote speaking events or sponsor or exhibiting only)
- Define the goals of each program, and be responsible for end-to-end event program planning, project management, budget and logistics from initial planning to post-event
- Engage with internal stakeholders and retail partners to ensure delivery of best in class content including speeches and presentations and that attendees and leads receive post-event communication
- Manage relationship with external agencies, suppliers, and partners, including negotiating with event organizers
- Manage production of pre, during and post-event collateral, marketing material, and curation of content for amplification across social channels
- Implement criteria and key metrics to assess the ROI/effectiveness of our involvement
- Own and maintain the events calendar, ensuring the right people have visibility
- Be the champion and go-to for all events at Afterpay in AU and NZ
- Significant experience and demonstrated success in B2B event management and marketing
- Ability to create new ideas, think creatively and react quickly
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently, pro-actively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Degree in business, marketing, communications or event marketing is advantageous
- Knowledge of Salesforce or Pardot is advantageous