Nomad Atomics is on a mission to make the broad uptake of quantum sensing a reality and simultaneously push the limits of our field beyond what we think is possible. We are building the world’s most advanced fit-for-purpose quantum sensors to allow us to see the world like never before.
Our team is made up of leaders in the quantum sensing field. We believe the time for commercial quantum sensing has come, and we are determined with making it happen.
We are growing here at Nomad Atomics – FAST. We are searching for people who want to finally take the commercial sensing game into the modern era of technology.
Who you are
You are, at your core, a people person, passionate about workplace culture and creating high-functioning collaborative teams. You are fascinated by emerging technologies and excited to help build a company with ground-breaking ideas. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with multidisciplinary and diverse teams. You’ve been involved in or have been looking for an opportunity to develop people and HR strategies from the ground up in a fast-scaling startup environment.
You may have come from a large corporation or small startup but the idea of working in a fast-paced, highly iterative, and integrated team is exciting.
Working hand in hand with the co-founders, you’ll be responsible for recruiting across many facets of the company, from physicists to field ops and business development. As Nomad Atomics’ first head of people, you’ll have the unique opportunity to develop HR and recruiting strategies from the ground up, ensuring the best possible people experience from our very first interaction. Nomad is scaling fast, and we need the right person to support the leadership to build and maintain the high performing team that will take Nomad into the future. You will be engaged in daily tasks like:
- Manage talent acquisition, including development of hiring strategies and incentives
- Develop and deploy employee development, engagement and retention plans
- Supervise and facilitate promotions, transfers, and exits
- Formulate and implement employee training and development initiatives
- Collaborate with company executives to devise people strategies and HR policies
- Establish and enhance performance review procedures
- Advocate and foster a culture of diversity and inclusion throughout the organization
It’s not about specifically where you have come, but what truly matters is that you are an impossibly fast learner. The types of things people applying for this role have done prior to Nomad are things like:
- A degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or related fields
- 3+ years of human resources experience
- Ideally experience in early-stage scaling of startups
- Ideally experience building and developing recruitment and HR systems
- Understanding of Australian labour laws
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Comfortable communicating with all different levels of stakeholders
- Displays resilience and tenacity in overcoming challenges and adapting to dynamic situations.
- Exhibits excellent organizational skills to efficiently manage tasks and resources.
If you think you’re right for the role, but don’t have some of these skills, reach out – we’d love to talk anyway.
The role is full-time and based in Melbourne, Australia.
We have the flexibility to work from home from time to time, but interaction with the wider team is essential.
We offer a competitive salary, employee share option package and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.