Planner - Home
At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion, sports, home and beauty.
Our Planners are an eclectic mix of strategic problem-solvers and creative analytical thinkers who love products. They analyse and forecast financial and product trends, review the performance of our products, and make sure that sufficient stock is available. They also work with brands and suppliers to negotiate price structures, delivery dates, specific merchandise requirements and contracts so that we continue to meet our goals. They are key in rolling out company-wide projects and have a keen eye for process improvement and streamlining – they are dedicated to efficiency and love the numbers.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Planner to join our home team to help us evolve the landscape of Australian e-commerce and fashion. THE ICONIC Home delivers an all-in-one destination to seamlessly access bedding, kitchen accessories, stationery, tech, towels, bath mats, aromatherapy, artwork, outdoor furnishings and more and provides our customers with access to a leading curation of contemporary homewares brands. If you are a highly skilled planner and love all things home and lifestyle, then please read on!
About the Role
- Communicates confidently with senior management and uses their influence and knowledge to drive department growth
- Manages the BUB process, working collaboratively with Buying to achieve deadlines and ensures the brand strategy aligns with department strategy
- Manages a WSSI, owns the forecasting and presents in reforecast meetings
- Effectively manages prioritization of own and direct team’s workload during peak planning periods
- Reviews in season and post season performance, giving recommendations of areas to focus on,grow and decline
- Ensure all tools & reporting are set up to ensure the buying team can make fact based decisions
- Mitigates risk by identifying problem areas and having bias for action
- Strives for continuous improvement in own department, whether it be processes, systems or tools
- Drives the department strategy and contributes to the wider segment strategy
- Develops a mid to long term strategic view to drive growth and profit for the department
- Suggests actions to take based on potential future concerns, either based on economic or social trends
- Works closely with the Planning Manager and Buyers to maximize profit for the season
- Monitors all facets of the department, implements plans for any underperforming categories and brands and identifies ways to potentialise opportunities
- Proposes marketing campaigns to the planning manager ensuring promotional activity delivers the best possible outcome, retaining margin
- Collaborates cross departmentally, establishing strong relationships with other Category Management departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen department’s position
- Works cross-functionally, establishing strong relationships with key departments. Uses these relationships to strengthen department’s position
- Embraces and drives positive change across the department
- Embodies THE ICONIC values and refers to the values when setting goals and KPIs
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19.