THE ICONIC Tech is driven by innovation and quality is highly valued. Our systems handle a massive amount of traffic, and with more than 5 million customers visiting THE ICONIC each month, it’s guaranteed you’re going to get first-hand feedback from customers on the code you deploy!
Our Engineering Department plans, builds and maintains the technology that drives THE ICONIC. Our ability to deliver fast, safe and scalable solutions are critical in delivering first-class experiences to our customers. Our teams are organised by business domain and take ownership of everything they do in a you built it, you own it, model.
A bit about the role
As part of THE ICONIC mobile team you will be responsible for creating, designing, implementing and maintaining state-of-the-art solutions that allows us to deliver the best experience to our customers. You'll be part of our growing Tech team and with your experience, we will continue building a world class mobile app.
What you’ll do
- work in an agile environment to develop a best-in-market experience for THE ICONIC app
- build new mobile features from concept through to implementation
- write and maintain clean and well-tested code
- ensure our customers have the best experience by using testing, continuous integration, and in-depth code reviews
- team up with designers, testers, and product managers to find the best solutions for our customers
Here’s what you need to set you off on an ICONIC Journey
- expertise in Android mobile software architecture and a track record of successful Android projects
- great experience coding with Java/Kotlin
- experience with Android Studio and Android SDK
- security-first mindset
- experience with testing such as Junit
- good understanding of APIs having worked with backend developers (our backend APIs are built with Typescript, Node.js, MySQL, DynamoDB and run in AWS).
- tenacity to make products better, faster and more intuitive
- a keen eye for detail, beautiful design, and seamless user experiences
Here’s some extra things you may bring to the table
- knowledge of modern software architecture paradigms such as microservices and event-based architectures
- some experience with UX/UI design
- CI/CD with Bitrise and Fastlane
- knowledge of single codebase mobile native solutions such as React Native or Flutter
- Experience with RxJava
Why you'll love THE ICONIC
- Feel free to skip the commute and work from home. On the days you are in the office, get here quickly thanks to our highly accessible central location
- Get your knowledge fix with our learning days and hackathons
- Got a furry friend? Bring them to the office! We LOVE animals
- Feel supported beyond your day job with flexible hours, part time, paid parental leave, additional personal leave, family friendly workplace, first day of school off, birthday leave
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]