We’re Maropost, Canada’s 4th fastest growing tech company as named by Profit 500! Our Software as a Service Marketing Cloud technology provides organisations with a single platform to connect with customers via marketing automation, mass and transactional email, social media, mobile messaging, landing pages, and eCommerce.
Our platform is used and trusted by thousands of brands worldwide to maximise their revenue. Our Australian-based unified eCommerce platform, Maropost Commerce Cloud, empowers thousands of B2B and multi-channel eCommerce businesses, big and small, to achieve more. Our all-in-one platform connects everything from online stores, POS terminals and marketplace connections to inventory, order management, and shipping.
We’re on a mission to build the most technically advanced marketing & eCommerce platform in the world coupled with unsurpassed customer service and support.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our team in Australia to help support teams that work on the Maropost Commerce Cloud product.
The team Scrum Master is responsible for championing Agile principles within the team through training, facilitation, process awareness, and coordination. The Scrum Master will lead teams of developers who thrive on delivering quality products that benefit our customers.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Work with Product Managers, Business Analysts, Software Development Team Leads, and Product Operations to ensure that Agile Best-Practices are adhered to on a daily basis.
- Schedule and facilitate all Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning sessions, backlog grooming, daily standups, sprint demos, and sprint retrospectives.
- Assist the team with implementing effective Agile disciplinary practices and records keeping. Ensures that new user stories are assigned story points in a timely manner, and that completion percentages and story statuses are continuously updated.
- Track and report on metrics related to project progress, status, and risks on a daily basis.
- Uses existing software tools (JIRA) to generate insights on teams' processes, velocity and shippability, and guides the team on process improvement.
- Act as a beacon of Agile Mindset, inspiring the software development teams to continuously improve by inspecting and adapting their processes to achieve high performance and sustainable development practices.
- Identify and communicate potential risks to the completion of the Sprint, including resources, costs, and external dependencies, with proactive escalation as appropriate.
- Provide timely communication to stakeholders and leadership throughout the Sprint.
- Support cross-team coordination and collaborations
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help facilitate communication and the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching and mentoring members of the team as needed to optimize efficiency.
What you bring to Maropost:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Marketing, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master overseeing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Second-level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, CSP) highly desirable
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies including prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Proven experience working with both software development teams, and data center operations teams.
- Strong level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills, writes structured and compelling messaging.
- Experienced using Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Experience working in Agile teams using SCRUM or other Agile methodology"
A good sense of humour and a willingness to participate in our social office atmosphere is also important.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll not only have the freedom to make this role your own but be part of helping grow the Maropost Commerce Cloud product and expand it into the North American market. If you want to work with other brilliant people in an extraordinary work culture and are eager to learn (and have fun) along the way, then Maropost is the place for you!
You’ll also have access to these perks:
- Full flexibility to set your hours and work from home, our Brisbane office or wherever in Australia makes you happy
- Wear what you want, every day is casual day
- Paid study leave
- An active social club with regular events
- A free Maropost Commerce Cloud store to live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Discounted health insurance
- A focus on Health and Wellness
- Office Espresso and Friday beers
If it sounds to you like we’d be a match, we’d love to meet you! Apply today with a cover letter, and resume.
Applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
Find out more about what we do and the customers we work with at www.maropost.com/platform/commerce
Individuals seeking employment at Maropost are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.