Founded in Sydney in 2017, Zoomo is leading the world at providing utility e-bikes and after market servicing. We’re a fast growing tech start up with a global footprint across Australia, the US and the UK. We are doubling in size every 6 months!
We are transitioning billions of urban miles from bikes, cars and trucks to smart e-bikes. eBikes are more efficient, more sustainable and now, easily accessible.
We move fast and score goals. We seek honest feedback. And we respect the individual.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated Financial Accountant to join dynamic and fast paced team and broaden there business knowledge.
Working along side the Finance Manager this is the perfect opportunity for an ex Audit / Financial Accountant to jump into fast paced world of start ups and drive their own professional development in a high growth and high development opportunity environment.
Key Financial Responsibilities:
- Drive the accounting and consolidated reporting with monthly reporting deadlines working closely with our external book keeping services.
- Ownership of all transactions inside our Global P&L
- Maintain and improve regular management reporting to business stake holders and functions with various regular reports and KPIs on Revenue / Direct Costs / Operational costs
- Provision of commercial analysis, including preparation of business cases, ad-hoc analysis, comparisons to budgets etc.
- Implement and driving process improvements over high financial risk items
- Management of global payable for contractors and suppliers ensuring on time and accurate payments.
- Liaise with external auditors & Investors
Broader Business development Responsibilities:
- Working with Finance Manager on corporate design / ESOP / R&D / Tax
- Conducting internal audits on system processes and areas of improvement
- Building knowledge on both Equity and Debt funding processes.
- Exposure to a how a start up finance function works and opportunities to work X functional and gain business knowledge and experience.
- University degree in accounting, business
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in financial accounting in a large company or in a Chartered Accounting firm.
- Strong work ethic (i.e. goes above and beyond minimum requirements)
- Commercial astute and willing to focus attention on the key issues vs getting stuck in details
- Highly numerate and strong analytical capabilities, ex Audit will be held in high regard
- Problem solving / dealing with ambiguity skills
- A continuous improvement, innovation and creativity mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
You will get exposure to many technologies, and be around some very talented people in a highly collaborative space. We are looking for exceptional people and will offer a package and environment to match.
- Jumping aboard a rocket ship at the ground floor
- Working at a well-funded start-up with a strong management team and global presence
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals
- Attractive remuneration package and benefits
- Expect autonomy and responsibility, solving problems you've never imagined even existed, at high pace