Wisr is committed to building a supportive, inclusive and diverse workplace, and we strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds and identities. We’re happy to accommodate any reasonable adjustments to the interview process to ensure equal opportunity for all. Our hiring and interviewing process is designed for you to showcase your experience, skills and passion and take great pride in not just ‘ticking a box’, so if you think you’ll do some great things, get in touch!
We are dedicated to creating an amazing candidate journey for every applicant. There's no 'shouting into the void' here. As a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we're committed to responding to every single applicant.
Working at Wisr
As a purpose-led organisation on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness, we truly believe in what we do and every person who joins our team plays a part in our success. By practising what we preach (hello, $500 wellness reimbursement, 1:1 coaching via Uprise and unlimited Udemy learning!), you are empowered to own your role, your development and the space that you play in.
We value psychological wellbeing and safety, fostering a high-performing culture which enables continuous learning and growth. That ethos has earned us a spot on multiple ‘Best Places to Work’ lists over the years. We want you to bring your whole self to Wisr, so don’t worry about ticking all the boxes right away. If this role resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
We are a people first business and flexibility is key to that – whether you prefer to be in our beautiful office space full time or prefer to work in a hybrid manner, we don’t mind!
What you will solve
Our Credit Risk team is growing and we’re looking for a Credit Risk Analyst to join the team in a highly critical role. By utilising your strong analytical background, you’ll be assisting Wisr in expanding our use of data to make optimised decisions for a range of credit risk activities.
With a particular focus on reviewing, analysing and reporting on our collections activities, you’ll be leveraging your strong data visualisation and manipulation skills to create and shape our collections strategy.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
* Working closely with the Credit Risk team the creation and improvement of collection strategies using data and analytics
* Maintaining and improving a suite of Management Information and ad-hoc analysis to support the business
* Assisting in the creation of Collection and arrears management reporting suite
* Assisting with debt sale activities, such as identifying eligible loans and ad-hoc questions
* Analysing and reporting on trends with arrears management
* Assisting the team with ad-hoc analysis on the entire credit lifecycle
What you will bring
With a strong analytical mindset and ability to think long term, you thrive in a working environment where each day differs from the last. You will have gained your experience within financial services or similar and are looking to take on a challenge with a growing team and business. You’ll also have:
* Tertiary qualification in a technical, analytical or mathematical discipline or equivalent
* Ideally some experience in a similar role within the financial services industry, telco or utilities
* An understanding of Credit Risk and/or Quantitative analytical skills such as knowledge of credit score development and implementation
* Prior experience with data manipulation and data visualisation tools such as SQL, SAS, Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, R or Python
Some of Our Perks & Benefits
* Flexible and hybrid working
* $500 every year to spend on your wellbeing
* Generous paid parental leave to support your transition to parenthood
* Unlimited Udemy access to learn new skills (maybe this is the year you learn how to take up your pants instead of asking your mum)
* Employee share incentive programmes
* Outdoor rooftop terrace overlooking the Opera House – what a view!
* Casual dress code – wear what you’re comfortable in (band tees and funky socks encouraged)
* Table tennis and regular tournaments
* Arcade machine & massage pod
* Regular social events and awesome team offsites
* It’s 5pm somewhere in the world, so finish off the day with a Wisr Beer!
You’ve read this far, so… Who the hoot are Wisr?!
We’re on a mission to bring people closer to financial wellness and make a real difference in the world, starting right here in Australia. The way we’re doing it is pretty cool too. We offer smarter, fairer loans that help people kick their goals sooner, a nifty round up tool to help people get out of debt and save even faster, and a dashboard that helps people track and improve their credit scores.
Now is the time to join one of Australia’s fastest growing ASX-listed fintechs. We are proudly purpose-led with a track record of consistent quarter-on-quarter growth and we’ve got big plans on our mind. People are taking notice and we were ranked #2 on the AFR Boss Best Places to Work 2022 as well as taking home the award for Most Outstanding Practice in Diversity & Inclusion!
We are a responsible bunch of humans who love helping each other out and share a penchant for learning, both personally and professionally. We love our customers (some would say a tad obsessed) and we love making your day.