We are Karta. We’re an early stage, Aussie-born, global fintech disruptor bringing together gifting experiences and technology, simplifying gift cards for consumers and businesses. Our mission is to change the way the world thinks about gifting, and we’re pretty excited about the journey ahead.
As we prepare to scale, we are bringing a collective of like-minded people together to work across our gift card products. To support our growth, we are looking for an IT Administrator to join our Tech team to optimse the performance of our IT infrastructure. As a true expert, you will be able to share your technical knowledge to enhance our systems efficiency across the Company.
Your goal is to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. You have a collaborative mindset and can ruthlessly prioritise what needs to get done to achieve business outcomes. You know how to balance the strategic and operational requirements of the role, with a ‘no job is too big or too small’ type attitude. You are always willing to lend a hand and know how to build solid relationships across the team. You are genuinely motivated by the mission, you want to help, knowing that every action enables our team to do their best work to achieve our ambitious goals.
What you will lead:
Maintaining and supporting Asset Management, the key strategic inputs, and the operational roadmap:
- Working with People and Culture, and Finance on the employee onboarding and offboarding processes and procedures
- Facilitating Tech support sessions, helping employees set up their cloud services and hardware
- Taking proactive measures to reduce costs and forecast expenses
- Manage internal & external client related IT issues (Customer Support)
- Own IT Security procedures, disaster recovery procedures and company
Developing, maintaining, and adherence to information security policies:
- Collaborating across the business, ensuring appropriate involvement from the management team including mitigation strategies and formal responses
- Communicating the policies to relevant parties
- Planning and developing a disaster recovery process and a testing plan that includes emergency flow, services continuation, and data restoration
- Developing IT business continuity procedures
- Monitoring and managing security breaches
Planning and managing support for our change management system:
- Identify, implement and record required changes to systems, infra and business processes that affect information security
- Identify risks and create rollback procedures
- Develop and maintain our IT networking and monitoring systems
- Define and implement the types of monitoring and logging for our systems and other resources
- Manage network security and controls
- In collaboration with the key stakeholders, implement staff and external vendor access control to our systems
Maintain our operations security
- Control of operational software
- Maintain software & hardware purchase, license register, restrictions, access and patches across our systems and team computers
- Provide hardware and software support including internal training and coaching on tools
You will influence and shape how we build a culture of performance, living up to commitments, with a focus on continuous improvement.
What you can demonstrate:
- Strong experience in a similar leadership role.
- A background in financial services or payments.
- Ability to architect an end-to-end production ready infrastructure solution
- Experience with adapting to changing requirements throughout the lifespan of a project
- Ability to work across multiple locations and time zones
- Constructive and collaborative leadership
- Excellent technical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Highly effective cross-functional working style
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
Your technical expertise:
- Experience with both Linux & Windows based operating systems
- Experience using a cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP/ etc.)
- Active Directory and LDAP management experience
- IT Certifications preferred but not essential such as ITIL, Azure Administrator Associate Certification
- Sound with Configuration Management Software (Terraform/Puppet) would be a bonus
- Previous experience with Confluence, Jira or other similar tools is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or a related field or related professional certifications
- Previous experience as an administrator
- Proven experience working in a fast moving, fast paced fintech start up
- You inspire those around you with your positive mindset
- You have a contagious energy, and engaging style
- You know what ideas will and won’t work
- You are a structured thinker, able to bring clarity of thought
- You apply structured problem solving to any issue
- You use sound judgement using data combined with your intuition
- You are perceptive and enjoy the ‘hustle’ required to get things done
- You take accountability, living up to your commitments
- You know it’s not just what you deliver, it is how - you do things the right way, every time
Why is working with Karta so special?
We are a growing team, with the customer at the heart of all that we do. We are a welcoming and friendly bunch, on the cusp of something pretty special! Inspired by the journey ahead and our supportive leadership team, we are all in. We are building our Company culture together to ensure we can achieve our goals and have fun along the way. We are a true start up, figuring everything out as we go, making progress as we face the usual growing pains. We are pretty excited about our products, the tech stack, and our suit free, open mike no ‘bs’ work style and approach. We are a truly flexible organisation, with the option of remote or hybrid work styles that reflect your role and your personal circumstances.
We know that innovation thrives where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our engineering teams.