Catch is embarking on a journey of data-driven innovation and adopting big data analytics to ultimately provide a leading experience to its customers. As our business grows, so is our data team and we have new Data Scientist opportunities within the team.
The role will see you join a group of super talented Data engineers, Scientists and BI analysts, you will help determine appropriate analytical approaches to solving business problems, and opportunities, and apply a broad skill set across data and analytics. You will also support in leading a team of data scientists for design, development and operation of Catch’s advanced analytics capabilities and Machine Learning solutions.A
What you’ll be doing
What does a normal day in the life of a Data Scientist look like?
While no two days are alike at Catch, but you could probably expect your typical day to include some of the following things:
- You’ll design and develop ML models, partnering with the business to understand which business problems can be solved through ML and data science
- Researching, testing and implementing appropriate ML algorithms
- Selecting appropriate data sets and designing, and developing data pipelines
- Performing statistical analysis and fine-tuning
- Provide data science and ML knowledge expertise, contribute to technical discussions and communicate ideas, plans, and results to key stakeholders
- identify business opportunities that could be improved by utilising advanced analytics and machine learning
- Collaborate with technical teams so required data pipelines and data structures are developed/enhanced, and create an automated machine learning based data solution
What you’ll bring to the role
- You’ll bring extensive experience as a data scientist within data and analytics domain. This includes having experience in scoping, development, delivery of data science solution and actionable insights.
- Experience in delivering and automating a range of bespoke data science, machine learning, statistical modelling led projects
- Hands on experience in predictive modelling(including forecasting), optimisation and operations research, personalisation modelling, clustering, statistical insights
- Practical experience with statistical analysis. You’ll know how and when to use F test, T test, non-parametric test, linear regression test and assess data distribution, anomaly detection.
- Ability to solve complex business problems with scalable solutions using ML practices through applying data science and deep learning approaches
- Strong Python scripting abilities
- Strong communication skills to translate analytical solution outcomes in the context of business impacts and benefits to a non-technical audience
- Highly proficiency with SQL, Excel, and BI visualisation tools and an advanced working knowledge of analytical programming languages e.g. R, Python.
- Software engineering knowledge and experience is a bonus!
Drive and passion are hard to generate when we're not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are looked after well! We provide our passionate people with:
- An organisation that is experiencing exponential growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that truly does what some call ‘work/life' balance (we just say live your life)
- 'Catch your weekend back!' Bringing services like dry-cleaning, haircuts, nails, massage, car washing and "life admin" stuff into our Monday-Friday routine to have more time for fun on the weekend!
- Unbelievable employee benefits like discounted gym membership, Kmart discount card and access to other perks within Kmart, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more...
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.