Biteable is an online video tool that puts the power of making a video in your hands. We enable you to create a video from scratch using our broad library of animations and footage. Since launching in 2014, the goal has been to make top-quality videos possible for everyone with a tool that’s sublimely simple.
At Biteable we're committed to the happiness of our employees. We love it when everyone feels supported, and we doubly love it when everyone feels empowered to create.
The Biteable team is located around the globe from Denver to Atlanta to Sydney and lots of places in between. Our diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are the glue that binds us. We treat each other like adults, and we set our own schedules. We also recognize that families (and pets) are part of our daily lives, and we like that they often turn up on our video calls. We are informal, structurally flat, and fun to work with.
Biteable is a bit of a rarity in that everyone genuinely cares about each other. When asked, they use words like these to describe their colleagues: rigorous, respectful, open, supportive, honest, and egoless.
We're seeking a strong product manager to lead Team Engage, which focuses on the user experience from the moment they create an account up until they begin building a video, as well as growth and monetization work.
We believe in empowered product teams, where each squad is accountable to outcomes rather than outputs. This means that shipping features is required, but not sufficient. To succeed, you'll need a strong sense of product discovery to find solutions that solve real problems for our customers and business, and the ability to lead the team to deliver those solutions to the market.
You'll sit squarely in the center of design, engineering, and the business (as a peer individual contributor) to lead a cross-functional product team to achieve these ends. Each of these disciplines are specialists, who own a specific type of product risk, but we look for product managers who're generalists and can connect and collaborate across the organization. We're strong proponents of prototype-driven, iterative work to understand risk early in the process, validate our hypotheses, and course-correct as we continue to learn from real users.
The Product Manager must also contribute a deep knowledge of our users, customers, and prospects, and the data about how our customers engage with our products.
We expect our PMs to build strong, evidence-based cases to drive their team's prioritization and to strike the right balance between validating unknowns and moving quickly.
To be eligible, we require:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- At least 2 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks.
- Strong communication skills. Especially the ability to make a case in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive, productive, and collaborative way.
How to Apply
We want you to start soon. Apply via the link, and tell us why you and Biteable are a match made in heaven. We’ll review your application and then set up informal interviews with a handful of candidates.
We've got our fingers crossed that you're one of them — we're rooting for you.