The Software Engineer at Athena is part of a squad with a well-defined mission and ships high quality code and solutions to the challenges of helping customers reach their financial independence more quickly.
- Designing and implementing software solutions.
- Reviewing and collaborating with others on internal and cross-team technical proposals.
- Building out our API layer using a micro-services architecture and components on public cloud infrastructure.
- Continuously increasing efficiency and quality of your team through tooling and experimentation.
- Collaborating with everyone in an open and constructive way.
- Operating the platform products offered by the team.
- You are a skilful engineer with high standards, passion for quality and a few of years of experience under your belt.
- You have great interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have experience with micro-services and single page web app design patterns.
- You can troubleshoot issues in production, help determine root causes and propose the most appropriate solution for the situation.
- You can collaborate with software engineers, product owners and other IT staff members in order to understand the goals, derive/adapt requirements and implement solutions.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile, fast-paced DevOps environment.
- You are a problem-solver and embrace thecan-do.
- You are a team player.
- You are keen to learn and get comfortable with new technologies and programming languages.
- You can’t stand the sight of broken things; you just fix them!
- You preferably have BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
What a successful candidate looks like
- Solid computer science fundamentals: algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with public cloud providers is a plus. AWS is a plus plus.
- Strong design and analytical skills.
- Capacity to think holistically and see the bigger picture.
- Solid writing and communication skills.
- Be great, be you, play nice.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary & bonus scheme
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Ability to work from home
- Loads of support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.