ROLLER is a global software-as-a-service company, designed to help businesses in the leisure and attractions industry operate more efficiently, more effectively, and deliver exceptional guest experiences.
ROLLER helps its customers offer amazing guest experiences through a full suite of venue management features, including ticketing, point of sale, CRM, self-serve kiosks, memberships, digital waivers and more. We are a fast-growing global company, with customers in over 30 countries, in a wide array of industries ranging from theme parks, museums, zoos, trampoline parks, water parks, aquariums, wake pars - just to name a few!
At the heart of ROLLER is our team - which consists of 70+ highly energetic, driven, intelligent, and humble professionals, all contributing to helping build a great and enduring business. We truly believe that sky’s the limit for us, and we are well on our way to becoming a global success story. But most of all, we love what we do...and we are looking for like minded people to join us on this amazing journey!
Join a fast growing team at ROLLER where we believe creating great experiences for both our customers and staff is core to our success. We’re looking for a technical writer that is excited by the opportunity to join a newly formed learning experience team that's helping users across 20 countries. As we continue to expand, there will be genuine opportunities to take on new tasks and responsibilities, and learn and grow in your career.
The learning experience team is responsible for help centre articles and tools, in-product experiences, learning pathways, academy toolkits and playbooks, videos, troubleshooting guides and FAQs, use cases, learning campaigns, social learning and many more exciting projects.
We are seeking a collaborative, adaptable and ‘hands-on’ technical writer to help us design, write and develop high-quality technical content and learning and support resources. You have a passion for helping customers and users configure, implement and maintain new software features and functionality so that they can do their jobs well.
- Research and collaborate with customers and internal stakeholders to analyse needs, gather requirements and write engaging how-to guides and resources for new and existing products and features.
- Learn both the ROLLER platform itself and how it helps our customers to be successful.
- Write clear, friendly and concise copy and instructions for a variety of digital resources and experiences (eg in-product support, UI text and messages, targeted use cases, help centre articles, video scripts and chat bot flows).
- Contribute to the improvement of information architectures, content strategies, team processes, templates and editorial style guides.
- Review and rewrite existing help centre articles and page structures, and identify and address content gaps or the need for additional visuals and videos.
- Measure and analyse the impact of learning resources, and continuously improve resources to better meet customer and organizational needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- You will bring at least 3-5 years’ experience researching, planning, writing and editing software documentation for technical and non-technical users.
- You enjoy writing and are committed to writing text that is authentic, accurate, concise and well-structured.
- You have strong copy editing and attention to detail skills, making text friendlier and easier to read, using a tone of voice and language that embodies our brand.
- You have a strong grasp of technical writing best practices, excellent skills in grammar, minimalist design and effective information architecture.
- You are self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership over complex problems and their related solutions.
- You have experience collaborating closely with product specialists, subject matter experts and users to understand needs.
- You have an analytical mindset, with good prioritization and exploration skills, with the ability to synthesize technical information and feedback from multiple sources.
- You have experience using a variety of tools including content authoring and video/audio editing tools. You have a basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and image editing skills.
- You are familiar with different learning and content management systems.
- Previous experience designing, writing, developing and learning resources is a plus.
- You have relevant experience within a B2B SaaS product environment.
- Live our values: make it happen, keep it real, obsess over customer success, go together, raise the bar, shake the tree, eat the frog, play the infinite game, live the dream
- You get to work on an exciting product, in a fun, high growth industry, that clients really love – check our Capterra and G2 reviews.
- Work from home or our new South Melbourne office or both.
- 4 ROLLER Recharge days per year.
- Vibe Tribe - led by our team members, you have the ability to directly contribute to company-wide initiatives! Regular events and social activities, fundraising & cause-related campaigns ... you name it, we're willing to give it a go!
- Employee Assistance Program to proactively support our team's health and wellbeing - access to coaching, education modules, weekly webinars, and more!
- Work with a driven, fun and switched on team that likes to raise the bar in all that we do.
- Genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand.