Stake is looking for a Senior Markets Commentator to join our team at our Bondi Junction HQ, with a flexible hybrid working model (3 days in the office, 2 WFH).
We’re an Australian investment platform with a mission to provide a seamless and immersive experience that breaks barriers for ambitious investors. We serve a global customer base of 500,000+ investors, with more than A$2 billion in assets under administration.
More than a digital brokerage, Stake is a brand that stands for progress. This is true for our customers as well as our team members. Our working environment is energetic, collaborative and supportive – everyone is encouraged to take ownership and challenged to deliver high-quality execution.
Our internal mantra is ‘never settle’ and we all share an ambition to grow this business. This is your opportunity to join a scaleup rocketing upward to become a robust financial services company.
About this role
As a Senior Markets Commentator, you'll be the authoritative face and voice of Stake’s content. Your expertise will help shape the way our audience understands and engages with the world of financial markets. You’ll write compelling articles and newsletters, and showcase your ability to articulate complex information in a relatable manner across multiple platforms and channels, such as video, audio and social media.
- Market expertise: Utilise your deep understanding of global financial markets to craft insightful and engaging content that resonates with both newcomers and seasoned investors.
- Innovation: Bring fresh ideas for presenting market insights and analysis, exploring new formats to engage our audience.
- Thought leadership: Let your knowledge, passion and confidence shine through and establish yourself as a trusted authority on the markets in the media, to grow Stake’s brand, and build your own profile as a markets commentator.
- Education: Break down complex concepts and trends in a way that provides clear context to our audience, demonstrating what it means and why it matters.
A bit about you
- Storytelling: Exceptional skills in crafting and framing compelling narratives that contextualise market developments and trends in an insightful and engaging manner for a broad range of audience cohorts across a variety of channels and platforms.
- Data interpretation: Ability to interpret and effectively communicate data, charts, graphs and statistical information to support market insights and analysis.
- Networking: With at least five years’ experience in the industry, you’ll have a proven ability to build relationships with experts, analysts and professionals to establish yourself as a go-to source for market wisdom. You are proactive on social media and have a strong desire to grow your own brand.
- Collaboration: Experience working within a bigger team to produce well-rounded and cohesive market-focused content, with a capability to provide mentorship to more junior writers, offering constructive feedback to enhance their skills.
- Media experience: Prior experience appearing on television, radio, webinars, podcasts or other video/audio platforms, demonstrating comfort and adaptability in different media formats, is preferable. Video production experience is also favourable.
At Stake, we value hustle over honours degrees, so we’re more interested in you than your resume. If you believe this is a role you want to jump into head first and be part of our mission, please apply and let us know why in your cover letter!
Benefits of working at Stake
At Stake you’ll have the opportunity to work with autonomy while learning from some of the best talent in the industry, playing a meaningful role in building a company that has loads of positive momentum and excitement around it.
But we also have perks. Not long ago, we proudly introduced new benefits under the Grow with Stake program. Please see the whole list on our Careers website, including:
- $2,500/year professional development allowance
- $1,000/year wellbeing allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Childcare allowance of up to $18,000 in value over 24 months
- Extra paid leave during tough times
- Discretionary performance bonus and talent referral bonus
- Employee Share Options scheme
Stake is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We are proactive about providing an inclusive work environment and do not discriminate based on race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. We’re also endorsed by WORK180 as a great employer for women.
So what happens next?
Once we've received your application, we'll give it as much attention as it deserves and you'll hear from us either way. We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – which means we commit to respond to every applicant. If we think you will be a good addition to our team, we will give you a call and from there, you'll cruise through our recruitment process.
To all recruitment agencies - Stake does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or directly to Stake employees. Stake is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.