Put simply, we’re a SaaS company headquartered in Richmond whose ambition is to become the global industry standard procurement platform in the commercial construction industry. In the last year more than 94,000 organisations have used our platform to tender over 14,000 projects worth a total of $137 billion! We’re the market leaders in Australia & NZ, and now we are growing the size of our team (currently 80), so that we can extend our product offering and enter new markets - starting with the UK, where we are already building a team. We recently secured $20M in new investment to support our strategy so it is a really exciting time to be joining us!
At EstimateOne, we believe that by looking after our whole ecosystem of users, and balancing the needs of our team, our shareholders and the industry, we can achieve our vision to become a global leader in construction technology; famous for the positive impact on the industry we serve. To do that we'll need to make sure we're unlocking value from what we've already built while also inventing new stuff. It's equal parts optimisation and innovation.
Our established startup vibe keeps things lively. We’ve come a long way in 14 years, and seeing what we’ve achieved in that time, get’s us pretty excited for the next 14. We’re passionate about transparent and fair expectations and results and we have a commitment to wellness and happiness that you’ll really feel.
We build our products collaboratively working in cross-functional teams. We draw from lean product development and design thinking - which means we put our users first and work together rather than in silos.
We’re on a growth journey that saw our Engineering team double in size over the last 18 months, and we want you to help us continue to shape that. This is an exciting role that will lead the engineering side of a Product-Engineering team; in a position to move the needle on customer satisfaction.
As an Engineering Manager you'll make a real, measurable difference to thousands of users by leading the software engineers in our ways of working from Agile, to TDD, clean code, to collaboration. In addition to technical leadership, you will be responsible for the growth and development of the people in your team. You will measure your success by the outcomes that your team achieves, rather than the amount of code it produces. We bring engineers into the conversation early and it's everyone's responsibility to think big-picture and be strategic.
We're looking for smart people who are keen to collaborate - it's that simple. The ability to champion our values matters to us; we care about our team and you'll be joining a group of people who want each other to be happy and successful.
As an Engineering Manager the team, you will:
- Drive the productivity and delivery of your team
- Coach and support team members to be high-performing Agile developers, from discovery to delivery, including technical direction such from architecture, domain to tooling.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to evolve and execute on technical and data strategy, driving initiatives to improve wider concerns such as recruitment, retention, technical maturity, and engagement.
About the platform
All of our new front end development is focused on building out React components in TypeScript to talk to our GraphQL API. We're at the very beginning of our journey to separate our PHP monolith application into microservices, building out new services using Node.
For infrastructure, we are in AWS using things like Lambda, Fargate, S3, etc, which are controlled by Terraform, Ansible, Capistrano and Buildkite.
We've started building out a design system to help power us ahead on that journey. You can see the progress at https://storybook.estimateone.com.
- You’re pragmatic, able to balance delivering products to customers with our collective need to build a sustainable and extensible code-base
- You’re a clear communicator, able to communicate openly with individuals across the business You’re driven, looking to ‘hustle’ and impatient for our business to improve - willing to push others to deliver more and better, good at unblocking progress in others
- Passionate about delivering as a team and energised by developing others
The ability to champion our values matters to us; we care about our team and you'll be joining a group of people who want each other to be happy and successful. If you’re a motivated, self-starter and user-orientated person with experience in growing a company and designing products in a construction technology space, we need you in our team.
There’s more to working at EstimateOne than just creating game changing technology for the construction industry. We know that to reach the lofty goals we set ourselves we need to look after our team, our shareholders and the industry we serve. These are just a few of the things we offer:
- Flexible working hours & the ability to WFH
- $5,000 per year to put towards your professional development
- 5 days entrepreneurial leave per year, to work on your side projects and make them come to life
- Paid Parental & volunteer leave
- Business wide activities on a Friday afternoon, every 7 weeks (think escape rooms, drawing classes, games afternoons, cooking classes)
- We also match NFP donations 2:1 - to name a few!
EstimateOne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment which embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Should you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. As a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer, we also commit to responding to every applicant.