This role is to act as a Business Bank Product Manager. Core to our business, you’ll be at the heart of the company's development, making decisions on the product strategy and vision as it relates to business banking and ensuring we do our best by these customers.
You make decisions on the go to market strategy for our business banking customers and work closely with our product and engineering teams to help foster a culture of high performance, focused not only on developing high quality products with speed and efficiency, but also having fun.
Your ticket to success:
- Know your craft. You:
- Are a leader and subject matter expert in the business customer segment.
- Implement and monitor the segment strategies through initiatives on acquisition, cross-selling, service upgrade, customer loyalty, and retention.
- know how to manage technical software products from kick-off to ship. Having previously built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale in a business banking environment, you bring this experience to the forefront of our product roadmap.
- Be the voice of the customer:
- You are super focused on creating optimum customer experiences and use analysis of business opportunities, understanding of market gaps, identify emerging segments and business trends.
- You research and document product requirements to ensure that products meet business needs, performance objectives, and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- You lead the development of disruptive innovative solutions for Business and KYB solutions with a customer-centric mindset and regularly engage with customers directly and bring those insights back to inform the product strategy.
- You also drive prioritised backlogs based on the consistent feedback analysis to continuously enhance the customer experience.
- Work in collaboration:
- You align with our Technology team on Technical design and architecture decisions, ensuring any variations for business banking are possible and realistic.
- You work closely with the User Interface and Experience team to come up with best case usability for business banking product aligned with customer needs.
- You drive the product development process and work in partnership with internal stakeholders across product development, sales, marketing, credit, legal, finance, compliance, operations, and executive management to translate business needs into a product strategy that ensures we maintain a highly competitive market position.
- Roll your sleeves up. You do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration. You roll your sleeves up and muck in, training and communicating segment features, benefits, and performance through formal presentations and Frankie-wide written communications.
- Drive decisions. You are responsible for (defining, updating and executing) the multi-year product roadmap as it relates to business banking. This includes making decisions:
- On product strategy revolving around what features to release and when
- Market strategy including geographies or markets to target, variations of products for different target segments etc.
- On the pricing of the product/solution. Working in partnership with sales, you develop and execute go to market plans for products for the assigned segment.
- Continuous improvement. You pivot and innovate as the business grows and moves; ensuring learnings are captured and shared.
- Be an advocate. For Frankie, for the product, for our people and for our values.
- 5+ years experience in similar or related role with deep subject matter expertise in business banking, including onboarding, trust structures, compliance, risk management and other needs
- Worked in changing high growth small team environment
- Built good tech knowledge
- Developed excellent communication and influencing skills and are comfortable engaging with stakeholders of all seniority, internally and externally
- Proven ability to translate customer and technical requirements into a commercial framework
- Taken ownership; with attention to detail you have focused on the end result bringing the rest of your team with you.
- Developed a structured approach to product development as well as strong analytical skills and ability to plan in detail
- Used data to ensure market and customer relevance