You are a modern PMM. Data-driven and growth-minded in nature. You understand the art and science of product marketing, and specialise in clearly articulating a product’s value in a way that resonates with the market. Thinking in JTBD is your natural state. You’re a regular student, follower or contributor of the PMA ... and you know well who Avril Dunford is. You represent the voice of the customer -- before, during and after launches and you relentlessly drive product adoption and advocacy.
You will be responsible for uncovering product market fit, building value propositions and taking our products to market by building go-to-market strategies and driving execution via differentiated product messaging and launches.
In this role, you will work collaboratively across the product management and go-to-market teams, including product, marketing, sales and customer experience.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Product Marketing Manager to join our team in the Sydney CBD.
- Product positioning and messaging. Develop value propositions that are framed appropriately and resonate with the market and customer segments; uncover product market fit
- Market intelligence. Understand the market opportunities and the commercial value that can be driven by each product, including TAM and market share, revenue opportunity, competitive intelligence, customer segmentation, industry and analyst knowledge, SWOT
- Customer segmentation analysis. Uncover and develop customer segments across B2B and B2C products (ie. quantified customer profiles) to inform decisions and improve LTV
- Lifecycle engagement. Manage and test lifecycle campaigns and tactics to improve conversion rates and engagement metrics
- Product launches. Manage and execute against the go-to-market strategy for product launches across direct and partner ecosystem channels
- GTM collateral. Turn internal product marketing documentations into relevant sales and marketing collateral, tools and documents to drive GTM enablement
- Customer research. Develop quantitative and qualitative insights to inform product and marketing decisions (ie. customer surveys, focus groups)
- Storytelling. Build compelling narratives for products, customer segments and the market
- Reporting on product marketing’s success. Report regularly on product marketing performance and impact (ie. MAU, product adoption by channel, usage of sales assets, etc )
What You Bring To The Table
In addition to being awesome, down to earth, having a great sense of humour, you have a strong desire to continually master your craft, you also bring:
- Experienced with 5-10 years in product marketing, preferably high tech environment
- Certifications from Product Marketing institutions (preferred: Product Marketing Alliance)
- A self-starter, with a successful record of implementation and aligning tactical plans with strategies
- High motivation and thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Agile in your approaches and you do what it takes to move fast in an ever-changing market and hit the numbers while staying within budget
- Proven in your results achieved and are hungry to continue your successful journey
- Open-minded about non-traditional approaches to marketing. You’re confident without being set in your ways. You’re well-informed and passionate about emerging trends in marketing and online business and culture
- Expressive and fearless, can effectively convince and make your point without being abrasive
- Egoless, you focus on and do a great job of any given task without complaint
- Innovative, you think of interesting and alternative ways to get at a target market or improve processes
More about Flare
Flare is a Sydney-based FinTech. We build market-leading onboarding, benefits and employee engagement solutions for the workplace, and financial products designed to help Australians live their best financial lives. Over 2500 companies use Flare’s technology to save time, build culture and improve employee retention for their 650,000 workers. Employees can access these solutions through Flare and most leading HR and payroll platforms, and directly through Slate, an innovative workplace financial services brand that helps Australians plan for a secure future