Valiant Finance is an award-winning FinTech startup that helps Australian small businesses compare and apply for loans from over 70 of Australia’s leading lenders.
We run an entirely cloud based architecture which supports thousands of Aussie business owners, advisors and partners every week. Additionally, our platform powers commercial lending for a number of large enterprise banking partners.
We're currently experiencing rapid growth, and are looking for an experienced Dev-Ops engineer to join our engineering team on a full-time basis in our Surry Hills office.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about engineering and technology, can solve technical problems and is able to communicate problems and solutions with ease.What you will be doing:
- Designing, building and deploying infrastructure to meet our growing needs.
- Prioritising the protection of our customer data including encryption at rest and in transit between our various services and partners.
- Allow us to meet our uptime SLAs for both internal and external users.
- Support our global expansion plans while continuing to meet data sovereignty needs.
- Designing solutions to allow us to automatically scale resources to meet our demand peaks and troughs.
- Continuing to develop and refine our continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Managing our incident management processes.
You will have experience with the majority of the following technologies / best practices:
- Developing infrastructure solutions on AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Developing infrastructure solutions across multiple availability zones and regions
- Developing infrastructure solutions to maintain high availability SLA's.
- Writing infrastructure as code with tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Configuring CI / CD pipelines with tools such as CircleCI, Cypress and Percy or similar.
- Containerisation, specifically with Docker.
- Security and encryption best practices.
- Experience with REST APIs
- Strong written and verbal skills i.e. you can communicate problems and solutions with your team with ease.
- Willingness to embody Valiant's three core values:
- Get S#%t Done
- Thrive in The Pride
- Be Customer Champions
Bonus points if you have experience with or have attained:
- Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure or AWS certifications
- Ruby on Rails or similar MVC frameworks
- Applications running in high-volume production environments
- Financial services (in particular, lending or corporate finance)
- Back-end development
- A computer science degree
- Information security management certifications such as ISO 27001.
Valiant employees are given extensive ongoing training and development, along with the tools to take their skills to the next level.
With a brand-new office in the heart of Surry Hills, we pride ourselves on having an open, dog-friendly, and empowering workplace where innovation is recognised and rewarded.
On Fridays, we celebrate the team's success with drinks, table tennis and other fun games.