We’re an early stage, Aussie-born, global fintech disruptor focused on opening up a world of possibilities for businesses seeking simple, seamless, all-in-one payments. What does this mean? We take the complexity out of gift cards, providing new ways to connect merchants and consumers.
Our start-up is well funded, and as we scale, we are bringing together a collective of like-minded people. Our platform is scalable globally and bolstered by a multi-year strategic partnership with Mastercard. Recognising the opportunity, CommBank formed a new strategic partnership with Karta in October 2021. With groundbreaking technology that simplifies gift cards for consumers and businesses, we are bringing together an amazing team.
As a Product Owner with Karta, you will work collaboratively with the team across Tech, Design, Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams to deliver the best solutions for our innovative and industry-changing products.
You will oversee the product development from start to finish to ensure we are reaching the overall direction and vision. You will manage various backlog items and decide which features to focus our delivery efforts on, in line with our roadmap and customer needs.
You know how to support and enable the team. You are able to present clear direction, whilst also being a coach and a mentor. When the going gets tough, you are able to elevate, to inspire and nurture the team, always keeping the customer at the centre.
What you will lead:
- Provide direction to the development team and stakeholders for assigned scrum teams as the Product Owner, leading projects and creating requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritise product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define the roadmap, and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritise stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with the Leadership and / or Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Work daily with scrum teams to refine, groom, and accept stories and bugs for implementation
- Create UAT test cases, organise and facilitate UAT testing, track test results, and work with the team to resolve issues
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Contribute to the maturity, performance, and growth of the Agile team
- Champions change and effectively manage the implementation of new ideas
- Work one on one with each team member to motivate, ensure their growth and career development and achieve core objectives and accountabilities
What you can demonstrate:
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner in a start-up environment
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Exceptional presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical, problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- The ability to work across multiple locations and time zones
- Highly effective cross-functional working style
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Engineering or similar relevant field or accreditation
- Experience with a variety of digital products, and a track record of success directing the efforts of developers as a project manager or product owner in a deadline driven, customer focused, collaborative environment
- Proven experience working in a fast moving, fast paced fintech start up
- You inspire those around you with your positive mindset
- You have a contagious energy, and engaging style
- You know what ideas will and won’t work
- You are a structured thinker, able to bring clarity of thought
- You have an eye for detail, applying structured problem solving to any issue
- You use sound judgement using data combined with your intuition
- You are comfortable with ambiguity whilst working in an evolving environment
- You manage competing priorities across multiple stakeholders and teams
- You are perceptive and enjoy the ‘hustle’ required to get things done
- You take accountability, living up to your commitments
- You know it’s not just what you deliver, it is how - you do things the right way, every time
Why is working with Karta so special?
We are a growing team, with the customer at the heart of all that we do. We are a welcoming and friendly bunch, on the cusp of something pretty special! Inspired by the journey ahead and our supportive leadership team, we are all in. We are building our Company culture together to ensure we can achieve our goals and have fun along the way. We are a true start up, figuring everything out as we go, making progress as we face the usual growing pains. We are pretty excited about our products, the tech stack, and our suit free, open mike no ‘bs’ work style and approach. We are a truly flexible organisation, with the option of remote or hybrid work styles that reflect your role and your personal circumstances.
We know that innovation thrives where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our teams.